Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 12:53 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times

Advertisements

Whtviper1, you are pretty funny. Sometimes I think you post outlandish stuff just for the sake of arguing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 02:03 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Interesting that some folks are okay with deceptive advertising.
I find it interesting people start with the bad in people. Why can’t it just be a mistake? Last I checked we do not live in a perfect world - do you really think people are getting in a car with a realtor and being deceptively driven 100 miles away? I go with a mistake or error in the system. Why does everyone think conspiracy theory first. The paranoia of some is unbelievable

Old 04-06-2019, 02:51 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Thanks for playing, but I'd be more interested in what a BI realtor has to say about it. On the Clark website, I searched by city for Captain Cook listings, and 18 of the 80 listings were really in HOVE. That's no "mistake" and it's not "paranoia".

Old 04-06-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks for playing, but I'd be more interested in what a BI realtor has to say about it. On the Clark website, I searched by city for Captain Cook listings, and 18 of the 80 listings were really in HOVE. That's no "mistake" and it's not "paranoia".
Have you considered picking up the phone and asking them since you are so passionate about the issue. Seems easier than speculation here.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Have you considered picking up the phone and asking them since you are so passionate about the issue. Seems easier than speculation here.
I've sent them a messages via their website. Waiting on a response. And if you don't care why have you posted 5 times in this thread???

Old 04-06-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I've sent them a messages via their website. Waiting on a response. And if you don't care why have you posted 5 times in this thread???
I think I’ve stayed for the record it might be a mistake - and I’ve stated for the record one should CALL them - they may never respond to an online inquiry - it’s hard to not respond to an actual person. Gosh, have we gotten so impersonal we cant pick up a phone. Call them and then tell us how awful they are.

Your online inquiry might be regarded as junk or at a minimum not serious

Old 04-06-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I think I’ve stayed for the record it might be a mistake - and I’ve stated for the record one should CALL them - they may never respond to an online inquiry - it’s hard to not respond to an actual person. Gosh, have we gotten so impersonal we cant pick up a phone. Call them and then tell us how awful they are.

Your online inquiry might be regarded as junk or at a minimum not serious
lol - you are wrong again.

I received an email reply a few minutes ago - they are laying the issue at the feet of a "mapping" problem in the MLS protocols, and that they are "working on it". What's odd is that Zillow always had it right, Clark not so much. Go figure.

My work here is done. Apology accepted

Old 04-06-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:

I received an email reply a few minutes ago - they are laying the issue at the feet of a "mapping" problem in the MLS protocols, and that they are "working on it".
Great news. Alrighty. Sounds like problem solved. They are working on it. What more do you want? Sounds like a mistake. Like I said.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:57 PM

181 posts, read 175,618 times
I’ll go back to what I said before...the zip code/city mapping displays some of the HOVE properties as being Captain Cook. If I make a purchase of a large or heavy item from Amazon or another retailer, I have to input my physical address and even though we don’t get mail delivery at our homes, we do get package delivery. The physical address has a ZIP Code assigned to Captain Cook so when I give them my physical address, the city is listed as Captain Cook even though my home is physically located in HOVE. So I guess it is plausible that the real estate MLS also uses a similar mapping but I also suspect that the person doing the input could change it

Old 05-18-2019, 01:25 AM

FWIW, this misinformation issue hasn't been fixed. I know that location isn't really important in real estate, but I'm glad I don't own one of the 2 dozen or so homes for sale in Ocean View that are listed in Capt Cook.

So much for "we're working on it"...…..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island