Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:43 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,182,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
Aloha nwcountrygirl, I think you'll like Puna. I also came here to Pahoa from PNW to recharge about a year after my fathers passing after years of Alzheimers'. That was over 9 years ago and I still love it here.

As I am coming from my Great Uncle Oct13 07, Grandfather Nov14 07, Father 3/5 08, best friends daughter Oct 13 08.... need a little healing. Have family over there but prefer to enjoy my 40th living.... and seeing the big island.

Actually someone offered there house real close to you leilaniguy former poster - should I take it up and can I buy you a drink?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 04:27 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,596,327 times
Wow, I offer my sympathy. Sounds like you really need to get away. Are you considering staying in Leilani for awhile? A drink sounds good.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:37 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,182,368 times
Sorry for your father also.

Yep need to get away! So looking forward to no rat race - paper work - lawyers - and forget looking at the stock market for a couple of weeks! I am possible looking at staying in Leilani... for last half of trip. Well see here shortly if it works out. Either way Cheers now and while I am there!

Take care

Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 842 times
Default looking for a few acres to buy in Hawaii

Hope you will know where I should look for a few acres online to look at and then go look at that area soon to buy. Thanks ------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
Hello all - Thank you for all your wonderful posts.

I have never really been on any forums in my life and been reading all of the Big Island for days now. You guys are great. I really like reading your stories of moving - going pros- cons of the Big Island. Congrats Socorer68 with becoming more comfortable in your settings... read much of your stories. Also Congrats Cynthia007 for settleing in on the mainland. I wonder from your posts how much your health you feel has changed from move?

I too have been thinking of life changing moves- got to a point in my life to have the ability and tired of the stuck feeling I am in PNW. I have stayed in the area for so long- life then it turned into - and then as not to move away from my father while dealing with cancer- who passed away last March. Although it is a great area also.

The posts on area of Big Island give much thought. I have been to Oahu twice in the 90's for work - couple months of the time. Love it. Felt like home (if not Oahu - or townLOL). Had Hawaiian friends so made the experiece special to find the differnt culture comfortable. Although it was mainly work the whole time I was there. Always thought in back of mind I would return.

Funny you many say the Big Island is a healing island. I am coming over for a vacation - check out the island - evaulate if be a good change for me next month- 20 days stay... but really I have a vibe for a healing trip also. Thanks for the validation.

NOt sure if it will be ... but we will see! I am in a transformation phase of life - wondering where the butterfly will come out and land. Now if the stock market doesn't get in the way it .... it should be great.

I know many have given ideas in past - and not asking to repeat the repeated -- however... I keep getting the feeling of I will want to be based out of Pahoa area for the entire trip. I have only booked 8 days there at this point - can stay for the whole time if I choose now. Or bounce around the island???Or do you have some recommendations for other side of island I will want to stay at for more than two days.

I am not a crowded resort type - however I do want to be social - meet people-- do like a local bar scene to talk with cast of characters. Go with the flow. I am going for my 40th birthday alone for whole time - in shape - plan of typical tourist sightings and doings of valcano- snorkeling etc. Would love to find good horse back ride trip (owned my own rental in Mt Rainier in WA - so not looking for crowded dude string on beach) Open to suggestions or advice......

You all are great people and again I hope to meet people like you regulars here in forum! Blessings to all!

Old 04-03-2010, 04:15 PM

1,707 posts, read 7,033,556 times
If your looking for cheaper acreage then search in the K'au or Puna areas of the Big Island.

Last edited by 7th generation; 04-04-2010 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: please DM realtor recommendations. thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island