U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-02-2012, 09:47 AM
 
506 posts, read 963,385 times
Reputation: 294

Advertisements

And, what does it look and behave like?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
13,758 posts, read 18,644,584 times
Reputation: 24232
well my sister had one that lived 31 yrs . He lived with her through four kids , 3 marriages and now he just went last year and my sister cried so hard . He is buried in her backyard in a shoe box she has said if she ever leaves that house she will take rovers ashes with her . so yep 31 yrs .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2012, 10:43 AM
 
506 posts, read 963,385 times
Reputation: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well my sister had one that lived 31 yrs . He lived with her through four kids , 3 marriages and now he just went last year and my sister cried so hard . He is buried in her backyard in a shoe box she has said if she ever leaves that house she will take rovers ashes with her . so yep 31 yrs .
3 marriages? Does your sister like to dress up as a bride as a hobby?

What's the quaker like? Is it the same when it was 10 years old compare to when it was 30?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2012, 11:59 AM
 
Location: North Western NJ
6,591 posts, read 20,668,646 times
Reputation: 9579
my frein has a 25yr old quaker, he looks pretty much the same now as he did at 2...
his beaks ust a little lighter and not quite as smooth/shiney...otherwise he looks exactly the same...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2012, 01:22 PM
 
506 posts, read 963,385 times
Reputation: 294
It is common for their beaks to get lighter with age?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2012, 02:15 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
13,758 posts, read 18,644,584 times
Reputation: 24232
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset2000 View Post
3 marriages? Does your sister like to dress up as a bride as a hobby?

What's the quaker like? Is it the same when it was 10 years old compare to when it was 30?
I think they get sedate when they are that old and yeah she likes weddings LOL !!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2012, 03:00 PM
 
506 posts, read 963,385 times
Reputation: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think they get sedate when they are that old and yeah she likes weddings LOL !!!
How long did each of her marriage last?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 07:13 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
13,758 posts, read 18,644,584 times
Reputation: 24232
1st one was 2 yrs , 2nd one was 5 I think and the last one was 10 yrs .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Grosse Ile Michigan
26,354 posts, read 62,537,412 times
Reputation: 30035
I met a quaker who was 101. He looked like an old man with a little bit of grey hair. He behaved very well. No chasing young women or anyhting. He attended the Friends serives regualrly and helped out as much as he could.



. . . . .


Oh you mean a bird! Oops.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Location: SWFL
22,733 posts, read 19,170,217 times
Reputation: 20818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I met a quaker who was 101. He looked like an old man with a little bit of grey hair. He behaved very well. No chasing young women or anyhting. He attended the Friends serives regualrly and helped out as much as he could.



. . . . .


Oh you mean a bird! Oops.
LMAO....you bad boy!!!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top