U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 699 times

Advertisements

I own a blue and gold macaw.. They require a lot of attention.. They can be loud when neglected.. I live in Florida and it is cold at night. I bring my bird in at night when it gets cold.. My macaw is a rescued bird. It has taken me a while to work with him. He did a lot of screaming when I first got him. He is much better now with a lot of work. It sounds like this bird Is not getting the attention he needs. The fact that she just recently moved this bird into a new environment can cause stress on a bird but they should know this.. I feel bad for this bird
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 09:30 AM

13,755 posts, read 18,640,029 times
call animal control a bird should not be kept out side when it is cold . birds systems are very delicate as you should know . Yes like it or not call animal control because some people are stupid and don't know any better . You could ask if she really wants the bird and if she says no tell her you have a friend that would love the bird and then if she gives it to you find it a decent home where they really want it . Good luck .

Old 12-01-2016, 09:57 AM

3,895 posts, read 2,534,416 times
Agree call animal control.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:12 PM

3,353 posts, read 2,671,593 times
Considering the OP is from 4 years ago, the problem has most likely been resolved.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:26 AM

3,180 posts, read 4,664,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Considering the OP is from 4 years ago, the problem has most likely been resolved.
Unfortunately no. Its still out there and I've just put up with it. I'm thinking about selling my house this summer and am going to have yet another talk with that woman over her bird. I hope she'll cooperate when the house is being shown and cover it or bring it in to shut it up. I'm going to have to disclose it on any sales contract. Neighbors suck.

Old 07-02-2017, 07:50 PM

3,353 posts, read 2,671,593 times
Wow. I caan't believe this is still ongoing! So you never called animal control or anything?

Old 07-10-2017, 02:25 PM

13,755 posts, read 18,640,029 times
yeah I mean why did you not call animal control it is a wonder that bird is not dead . My older sister went to see a house for sale once and the neighbor right next door had two scarlet macaws and those things were so loud my sister called it quits after a year of living there . she always said if that thing ever gets out there wont be one lil dog in the neighborhood left . LOL. my sister took a loss on the sale price of her house just be aware you might not get asking price for your house if some buyers hear that bird going off .

Old 07-12-2017, 05:01 AM

16,026 posts, read 19,526,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Unfortunately no. Its still out there and I've just put up with it. I'm thinking about selling my house this summer and am going to have yet another talk with that woman over her bird. I hope she'll cooperate when the house is being shown and cover it or bring it in to shut it up. I'm going to have to disclose it on any sales contract. Neighbors suck.
Seriously, 5 years later.

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. If you've never called animal control you are part of the problem. These birds can live to be quite elderly....so if this is let go this bird could live like this for decades.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Got a question for you guys. There's an old couple next door with a Blue and Gold Macaw (actually, the old guy's "lady friend" moved in six months ago with one). They've kept it outdoors (backyard) from the spring through summer. Its VERY loud. They rarely interact with it and it screams, screeches and squawks all day long. At night they put it in the garage. Its finally turning cold and last night we had our first frost. I notice this morning when the temp was no more than 48-50F they already had placed it on its perch in the backyard (our backyards face north - shaded almost all the time now). I was hoping with colder weather they'd keep it indoors (so I could at least get a break from the noise for a few months), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've talked with them about the noise, but they refuse to do anything about it. I really don't want to call the SPCA (that's our only agency for animal complaints in this town), but now there's this large tropical bird in pretty cold conditions and its seems even more agitated. Is what they're doing cruel? I admit, this post is partly for selfish reasons since the bird is very loud and I can't even open a window for fresh air with the aural assault! Its louder than any of the neighborhood dogs!
That is just the way the Macaws are going read more here- [url=http://www.macaw-facts.com/species/red-macaw-scarlet-macaw-ara-macaw/]Scarlet Macaw in Depth Article - All you need to know about Macaws[/url]

Old 12-23-2017, 07:58 PM

3,227 posts, read 6,073,608 times
You can to the Macaw out of the wild, but you can't take the wild out of the macaw.

The things that the OP is complaining about are part of the bird's natural instincts/behaviors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or