Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 07:04 PM

65 posts, read 211,171 times

Advertisements

We have three love birds. Two are in one cage and one it its own cage. We will be moving in 3 weeks from Michigan to the Virginia area. We will be going by car and moving van. How do you think the birds will do? Will they notive a change in weather, although it is hot here and summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 12:23 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
You're moving to a warmer area, so they should aclimate just fine. If you were going from warm to cold, there might be more concerns.

Have you ever travelled long distance with your birds? I have 2 parrots and one is fine in the car, the other one gets carsick (for real, she throws up ). For the one who does not do well, we place her carrier on the floor of the car so she can't see out - it eases her anxiety.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:34 AM

65 posts, read 211,171 times
I got them from a friend a year or more ago and they went from her house to mine about 30 mins. THey did okay.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:12 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times
^ Not real sure how that was supposed to help the OP, but.....

We moved from FL to TN with two. The female did fine, but the male must have gotten a draft in the car and we lost him.

As long as you keep them indoors, I don't see how they'll really notice a difference in the weather anyway. And when transporting, make sure there are no drafts hitting them.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:44 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
I just received two Love Birds for Christmas. I'm used to feeding my African Senegal fresh veggies and fruit but these Love Birds eat like parakeets. They don't hold their food like my Senegal used to. They didn't touch the corn, carrot and string bean mixture I gave them in a small dish. They like their seed and millet treats I give them. Any ideas on how I can get them to eat their veggies? Would dehydrated fruits and veggies work? Thanks in advance.

Maybe it's just because I doubt they ever got veggies before. The breeder only fed them a seed diet. Just keep offering it to them?

Old 12-22-2016, 03:56 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
my lovvies will eat fresh but it took a long time for my older adopted birds whod never seen fresh foods to eat fresh and I had to chop it up pretty small.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:47 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Hi, foxy! I was hoping you would answer me! Thanks. I'm starting to eat the veggies myself. I talked to the breeder yesterday and he confirmed what I suspected,they have never seen fresh anything either. How sad.

I went Christmas shopping for them today because after reading up on them, I decided I didn't have enough toys and perches for them. I'm so used to TwoBee's habits, it's like I am learning all over again. My parakeets have been dead for years. So I bought them some fruit flavored stuff and honey sticks. Looked around to see what else I might try later. As long as the stuff has vitamins in it I feel better. I put vitamins in their water too.

I told myself I would not spend more than $100. It cost me, with tax and donation, $79.50! TwoBee and my parakeets would NOT investigate new stuff I put in cages, these two little guys immediately check things out! They are great. I'm sorry my late husband wouldn't let me adopt a pair of lovies that one of our bosses asked me to do. I think he would have liked them.

Thanks again, foxy. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:38 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
and you too! I'm so glad your enjoying your lovvie, they are little characted, OPININATED birds, with no idea how itny they actually are, but fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds