U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-20-2007, 02:15 PM

20 posts, read 86,513 times
Thumbs up nba in birmingham

can birmingham support an nba team , yes if done right we would love to have a team here 41 games , i think this city would go crazy with affordable prices which can be done what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-20-2007, 04:06 PM

458 posts, read 1,759,845 times
Not gonna happen... Too many other places are a better fit for a team. Oklahoma City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, maybe Louisville.

Unread 06-21-2007, 07:31 AM

27 posts, read 87,524 times
Of all the pro sports franchises besides MLS, NBA is probably the most likely. And it may end up being someone like Charles Barkley that ends up bringing it to Birmingham. May be a little while before it happens, but it is definitely possible. But for right now, support the hometown UAB. UAB is probably going to be a Top 25 team this next year. Not this year, but next year I think, UAB is scheduled to play Gonzaga at the BJCC.

Unread 06-21-2007, 02:29 PM

nba in birmingham question is will we support it when it comes, because its gonna happen

Unread 06-22-2007, 02:49 AM

4 posts, read 14,718 times
Wink Nba

I'm from Bham & haven't heard anything about plans to have the NBA come in. If so, maybe it can be in Ensley - Bessemer would still be too close. As far as Charles Barkley, he can stay in Philly.

Unread 06-22-2007, 09:22 AM

my question is can this city support big time sports , an nba team here would bring a 77 million economic on impact city , and well over 100 during construction period , with the help of the corporate community to help make tickets affordable , and other cities that we've helped ie tusc with the benz plant about 200000 a yr honda about 100000 montgomery also 100000 its our time ask your friend if theyed go to games and keep ears opened

Unread 04-13-2010, 09:04 AM

498 posts, read 77,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves_fan View Post
No and who the heck cares about NBA..
NBA= thugs in shorts
Right i hate it the NBA!! But i love baseball it's so well boring and the excitement is well a homerun great right!! Stop we can't go to foreign countries and name baseball players or any other sports players other than Basketball and the NBA!!LET'S BE REAL JORDANS SNEAKERS ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY SNEAKERS YOU CAN BUY because of basketball!! Have you ever saw Dwayne Wade play or Amare Stoudamire that's excitement!! But No the NBA isn't for Birmingham maybe the NFL!!!Oh and what other sport produce ownership other than the NBA!!! MJ GO BOBCATS!!!sMILE

Unread 04-16-2010, 01:48 PM

371 posts, read 323,749 times
The Pacers will be gone from Indy very soon. They're losing 15 mil. per season, and now they want the city of Indy to start footing the bill. Not gonna happen, I see Seattle, KC, STL, Cinci, Louisville making a run for them. I don't think B'ham can support it, though.

Unread 04-16-2010, 02:05 PM

6,149 posts, read 6,736,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL63087 View Post
Not gonna happen... Too many other places are a better fit for a team. Oklahoma City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, maybe Louisville.
Seattle...

Anyway there's no way in hell Birmingham should have an NBA team...or any professional sports team for that matter. It's an itty-bitty metro which only has local influence.

Unread 04-16-2010, 02:54 PM

4,441 posts, read 6,383,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich01 View Post
my question is can this city support big time sports , an nba team here would bring a 77 million economic on impact city , and well over 100 during construction period , with the help of the corporate community to help make tickets affordable , and other cities that we've helped ie tusc with the benz plant about 200000 a yr honda about 100000 montgomery also 100000 its our time ask your friend if theyed go to games and keep ears opened
Have you been to a game lately? Nascar is not fully booked and you want to bring what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area