Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 01:47 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
What do you guys think should be done with the r"Amad"a hotel property downtown when it is finally razed?
Another Hotel...LOL.

Maybe like an Days Inn, Hampton Inn or something along those lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 01:51 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,144,437 times
A water theme park.
A shooting range.
A Leapin' Larry's Bungee World

Old 11-06-2013, 01:55 PM

A sex toy wholesale warehouse, like Sam's Club.

Seriously if I were the owner of a TV station (looking at you ABC 33/40) I would take a hard look at that spot. Maybe combine with Al.com/Birmingham News to build a media center.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:02 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
Dave and Busters.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Dave and Busters.
H&M, or maybe a Jack In A Box

Old 11-06-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
A sex toy wholesale warehouse, like Sam's Club.
Like an Oh Oh Oh O'Charley's? Wait. That's an auto parts retailer.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Like an Oh Oh Oh O'Charley's? Wait. That's an auto parts retailer.
A sex toy wholesale warehouse club is something our favorite rival cities dont have..lol

Old 01-13-2014, 09:20 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
So the Tavern and the Summit could not come to terms and the scuttlebutt is that Bayer wanted them to spend some money and redo the space but Tavern did not. Tavern says they will open somewhere else.

Bayer says they will spend a chunk of change repurposing the space for more then one tenant not in food. Any one have an ideas who that could be?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
So the Tavern and the Summit could not come to terms and the scuttlebutt is that Bayer wanted them to spend some money and redo the space but Tavern did not. Tavern says they will open somewhere else.

Bayer says they will spend a chunk of change repurposing the space for more then one tenant not in food. Any one have an ideas who that could be?
Could be anything. I liked the Tavern okay. It was a good reliable place to go after the movies. But it was in a weird location tucked in among the retail.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,084,823 times
Quote:

Kate Spade New York, Gus Mayer, MAC; these suggest some more upscale for that corner and I think it was well planned. (not plausible that a space was signed within the month the T learned they would not be renewed by chance)
Of course the size of the space is perfect for H&M, but I really question Bayer wanting a store that sells disposable clothing in the center. He seems to be moving the things in that category out with every update.

As to the Tavern saying last week they would hope to be open within sixty days; I see two reasonable locations that just came on line. The FOX AND HOUND. (too large and not geographically friendly to the T's biggest fans) It is shocking how many people in that area do not want to cross 280. lol It would be good for the COLONNADE though. (and long range who wouldn't want to be serving food two blocks from the Medical center and all that is going to entail.
YANKEE PIZZA. I noticed yesterday that in spite of just closing the space is under intense construction already. It would be a little small but I could see the Tavern there because, again, its fans like that specific, almost Summit location, and it would be about two doors down form George McMillan's FOOD BAR. Very symbiotic. Great to raise the perception of the HEIGHTS CENTER.

Either way I was definitely not a fan of the Tavern. Left YANKEE'S years ago and had fish and chips occasionally at F&H. (they had a great chicken pot pie too)

This is going to be a fun year to watch.

raj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area