Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 01:09 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamoutlook View Post
Maybe you should read my post again, Bishop. I wasn't attacking you but rather supporting your posts in the forum by saying that I find it hard to believe you would pretend something like that. There's no possible motive that I can think of for someone to do something like that. Maybe I used a poor choice of words. Best of wishes!
Well I dont mind the criticism or the name calling but I notice you dont seem to be jumping up to answer all his inane questions. Tell him where the Summit is. Tell him what Trader Joes is. Lay out the restaurant scene to him. He's probably got a bunch more he's upset with the forum for not answering. It just isnt on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 01:01 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,045 times
@Bishop

You have been here one month, not nearly long enough to learn who is who. Don't make quick judgments and be prepared to change how you may feel about different people.
The forum is full of subversive trolls who do have an agenda. Unfortunately, you came in behind one of these incidents that made you and any new person suspect as the returning troll with a new identity. It does matter what people like that do, because they demoralize weaker or more sensitive people.
I have been here two years and I still don't know what I think of some people. I miss some people who have dropped out due to ugly trolls. (what many trolls want) I have made some good friends here too. But there is a flow, it will always be changing and I can attest to the fact that the longer people are here the more likely they often come across as a little overbearing or 'preachy'. (especially me)
I am very controversial, many, many people don't have a thing to do with me, or answer my questions. Many will write the opposite of what I post just to make sure they don't agree with me on almost any subject. It doesn't matter. One friend that has been made overrides all that easily. Besides, when one embraces the truth, one doesn't really have to be concerned if others choose to deny it.

I hope you will have a long run here. It can be rewording if you approach it from a sincere interest.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:14 AM

518 posts, read 469,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
@Bishop

You have been here one month, not nearly long enough to learn who is who. Don't make quick judgments and be prepared to change how you may feel about different people.
Perhaps others need this advice! Seems Tourian made his judgements pretty quick.

Quote:
The forum is full of subversive trolls who do have an agenda. Unfortunately, you came in behind one of these incidents that made you and any new person suspect as the returning troll with a new identity. It does matter what people like that do, because they demoralize weaker or more sensitive people.
I have been here two years and I still don't know what I think of some people. I miss some people who have dropped out due to ugly trolls. (what many trolls want) I have made some good friends here too. But there is a flow, it will always be changing and I can attest to the fact that the longer people are here the more likely they often come across as a little overbearing or 'preachy'. (especially me)
I am very controversial, many, many people don't have a thing to do with me, or answer my questions. Many will write the opposite of what I post just to make sure they don't agree with me on almost any subject. It doesn't matter. One friend that has been made overrides all that easily. Besides, when one embraces the truth, one doesn't really have to be concerned if others choose to deny it.

I hope you will have a long run here. It can be rewording if you approach it from a sincere interest.
I have been on the Internet long enough to know what people like Tourian are all about. People like that are just the price we pay to have the freedom we have. I doubt I will change my mind about him. But that's not the topic of the thread so let's move on and not let the Troll cause us to spend too much time talking about him.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Well I dont mind the criticism or the name calling but I notice you dont seem to be jumping up to answer all his inane questions. Tell him where the Summit is. Tell him what Trader Joes is. Lay out the restaurant scene to him. He's probably got a bunch more he's upset with the forum for not answering. It just isnt on me.
Tourian I recognize you for what you are. I know your type and feel sorry for you. If you wish to trash talk me while hiding behind your computer screen so you can feel like a big man, there is little I can do to stop you. But I know what you are and would welcome the opportunity to help you with your insucurities.

Now you can continue with your childish games or come and discuss with the adults. The choice is yours.

Last edited by BishopRidge; 10-09-2014 at 04:31 AM..

Old 10-09-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
Tourian I recognize you for what you are. I know your type and feel sorry for you. If you wish to trash talk me while hiding behind your computer screen so you can feel like a big man, there is little I can do to stop you. But I know what you are and would welcome the opportunity to help you with your insucurities.

Now you can continue with your childish games or come and discuss with the adults. The choice is yours.
You haven't been here long enough to pass judgement on me. All you have proven to me is that you are the same guy who posts on here with multiple accounts. Good luck getting all your questions answered.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
You haven't been here long enough to pass judgement on me. All you have proven to me is that you are the same guy who posts on here with multiple accounts. Good luck getting all your questions answered.
I have not posted here under any other name. If you think this is the case I would suggest you report it to City-Data so they can show you your error.

And it does not take long to know what you are about. Not time at all. You are very transparent.

Have a good day!

Last edited by BishopRidge; 10-09-2014 at 08:36 AM..

Old 10-09-2014, 08:35 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,757 times
Folks, this is an internet forum. It's not that f'n series.

So the man wanted to know what Trader Joe's is, or where The Summit is, and about Birmingham's food scene. So whats the big deal, answer his questions and move on. SMH

Old 10-09-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
answer his questions and move on. SMH
So why don't you?

Old 10-09-2014, 09:49 AM

779 posts, read 1,009,979 times
Quote:
I don't answer certain questions because I'm not interested in them. I post in the forum because I enjoy posting in the forum. Thus, I only feel the need to comment on or respond to things that I find interesting. I don't find the Summit interesting in any kind of way. When Bishop was talking about the arena, I was all over it. You have your opinion of this poster and that's fine. I just wanted to let the poster know that there were others here who did not feel the same.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:12 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,757 times
Quote:
So why don't you?
Because im not the one on here acting a fool over someone asking questions.

According to you, every new person that participates in this forum is a troll. You cant mention other cities in comparison to bham without being labeled as a hater. Criticism of the area is a no no and even the mere mention of Atlanta gets you upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area