Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 09:35 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWinx67 View Post
Levi to open a store at The Outlet Shops of Grand River in Leeds
Plus some other mystery tenant in a ~10K sq ft space...

Pepper Place wants to bring some new boutique style retail downtown with a temporary trial "pop-up" event:

Four retailers to pop up in Lakeview's Pepper Place - Birmingham Business Journal

Quote:
The Lakeview development will bring four companies to the area for its first Pop-Up Shop event in February at 2821 Second Ave. S., Ste. K.
Knoxville, Tenn.-based Marc Nelson, a bespoke denim company, will be at Pepper Place for the pop-up program's opening night 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday to help clients customize their handcrafted jeans.

Other pop-up retailers at Pepper Place during the month will include Royal Highnies, a luxury loungewear company; Austin, Texas-based Leighelena, a hand-crafted accessories and enamel jewelry company; and Scott Peek, an Alabama artist and owner of Standard Deluxe Inc., a design and silkscreen print shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 10:20 AM

522 posts, read 846,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Plus some other mystery tenant in a ~10K sq ft space...

Pepper Place wants to bring some new boutique style retail downtown with a temporary trial "pop-up" event:

Four retailers to pop up in Lakeview's Pepper Place - Birmingham Business Journal
Hmm, 10k square feet... What could it be? I am excited for the Lakeview prospects, although I wish the chosen area for this stuff for me, would have to be Five Points South. I would rather Five Points be a shopping, dining, entertaining district, as opposed to trying to maintain nightlife.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:01 AM

New pizza restaurant opening in Hoover on Friday | AL.com

Quote:
Pie Five Pizza Co., a fast-casual restaurant concept with nearly 40 locations in 10 states, will open its first Alabama pizzeria on Friday in the Chace Landing retail center in Hoover.
The restaurant is at 4741 Chace Landing Circle, Suite 114, about one mile south of the Galleria.
First introduced in the Dallas area in 2011, Pie Five offers made-to-order pizzas with multiple toppings for one price. The "five" in the name refers to the company's promise to prepare your pizza in five minutes or less.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:09 PM

522 posts, read 846,744 times
So,the theater is planned for Brookwood Village, is expected to be around 40,000 sq feet. Cypress Equities (Brookwoods new owners) have developments where Movie Tavern, are one of the anchors. A person is able to have dinner with the movie, at these estimated 40,000 square foot cinemas. I am pretty sure that Movie Tavern will be the brand of cinemas there.

http://www.cypressequities.com/wp-co...lan-MASTER.pdf

Movies Never Tasted So Good | Movie Tavern

Old 03-23-2015, 12:51 PM

Another "Five most Wanted" list, this time restaurants instead of retailers...

Birmingham's most-wanted restaurants: Can Magic City land Maggiano's? - Birmingham Business Journal

My good buddy Raj, would love to see a Maggiano's, however they claim not to be looking at us for expansion. Whatever, that's what Trader Joe's said...

Perhaps they may show up in a 2nd Uptown phase or at Perimeter Park near the hospital.

Here's the list:

Here are the top five, based on votes from readers:

1. Maggiano's Little Italy
2. Morton's Steakhouse
3. Houston's
4. &
5. In & Out Burger

Of those five, the only one I can say I don't care about is #5. We've got the burger market well covered. A Morton's would be a pretty big get, I think. And I'm not allowed to speak of #4. Still haven't gotten answer from my last email...

Old 03-23-2015, 02:17 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
I ate at the Maggianos in Jacksonville, FL, and I didn't think it was that much better than Olive Garden. Probably on par with Macoroni Grill.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
I ate at the Maggianos in Jacksonville, FL, and I didn't think it was that much better than Olive Garden. Probably on par with Macoroni Grill.
Maybe the one there just sucks. You guys all think our Cheesecake Factory is bad but that the other ones are good.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:51 PM

121 posts, read 164,304 times
Tourian is there a 2nd uptown phase?

Old 03-24-2015, 06:21 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205Bhamurbanite View Post
Tourian is there a 2nd uptown phase?
not right now.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:21 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Maybe the one there just sucks. You guys all think our Cheesecake Factory is bad but that the other ones are good.

I think CF and Maggiano's are both the type of restaurants that people think are really good & something special as long as they are NOT in their city. But once they are, they discover they aren't all that special. Kind of the "want what you can't have" effect. Once you have it, it's not that big a deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area