Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 10:30 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times

Advertisements

I feel like Sears and JCP have been demoted to strip center status at best. They belong in Promenades, period. When we tried out the Shrimp Basket, I didn't know the K-Mart in East Birmingham had closed leaving that whole strip practically destitute. Sears could consider another appliance outlet store at that location, or a "hometown" store, but they are definitely holding the RG back. I imagine that is their last big store in the state and they are probably desperate to hang on to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 03:28 PM

7 posts, read 5,673 times
I agree with your statement about Sears, but they also have a big one in Eastdale Mall in Montgomery. I'm not sure about Mobile or Huntsville though.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:38 PM

There is a thread in the Mobile section about their Sears and auto center closing at their big mall. The one at MSM in HSV closed already.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:13 PM

109 posts, read 144,598 times
Crate and Barrel! I was looking online for when we move there and was really surprised to see that there isn't a Crate and Barrel in Bham.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:30 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,335,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJSim View Post
Crate and Barrel! I was looking online for when we move there and was really surprised to see that there isn't a Crate and Barrel in Bham.

Strange you would be surprised. They are only in 27 out of 50 states, and usually just one location. Therefore you would find they are not in a lot of cities.

It is not a mass retailer.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:30 PM

109 posts, read 144,598 times
Thanks, for some reason thought they were more common than that.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:53 PM

522 posts, read 846,183 times
New shopping center for Trussville...I have not heard about this. I wonder what's in store.

Here’s what Trussville’s new shopping center won’t have – The Trussville Tribune

Old 09-03-2015, 05:36 PM

I think we talked about this one in the old thread. Someone suggested that they were a developer from ut of no where and the site they wanted to use wasn't a very good one.

But...I'll hope for the best. Still, that seems like an odd list of "Not Alloweds" Some make perfect sense, but car dealer? funeral home? Not exactly shopping center fare. Should've ruled out mattress stores...

Old 09-03-2015, 06:34 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,335,789 times
This looks to just add to the jumble of commercial businesses already in that part of town. Not large enough to create a sense of place, or small enough to not add to the chaos.

I believe the list is included because they are trying to gain support in the community. (is this community publication the only place this can be found) But, again, with all the retail out there, no focus exist, which is a bad thing.

I feel strongly that Trussville needs quality growth. Businesses like Costco and Fresh Market should/would do well there. And many others I am sure.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:20 PM

522 posts, read 846,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
This looks to just add to the jumble of commercial businesses already in that part of town. Not large enough to create a sense of place, or small enough to not add to the chaos.

I believe the list is included because they are trying to gain support in the community. (is this community publication the only place this can be found) But, again, with all the retail out there, no focus exist, which is a bad thing.

I feel strongly that Trussville needs quality growth. Businesses like Costco and Fresh Market should/would do well there. And many others I am sure.
This is the only publication about this, that I've found. I am in complete agreement about Trussville, being able to support The Fresh Market, Sprouts, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area