Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,167 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm relocating to Anniston in Oct. My fiance is already there for work, and we're looking or some nice apt complexes or townhome complexes to check out.

I've already found Indian Hills... it looks nice enough. Can anyone rec some others similar or nicer in Anniston or close proximity that i can send him to check out?

links to websites would help too.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 PM

150 posts, read 467,313 times
Check out Ski Lodge and Mountain View Apartments in Anniston. I've looked at both of those and they're fairly nice compared to most int he region. I think you have to talk to ERA King for Mountain View. Indian Hills is an older complex and they're a little run down. Stay away from the apartments around Coleman Rd like Shadowood and Warrior Apts. Not the best area and it can get kind of rough at night.

Also there are some town homes in the Dearmanville area that are in a very nice neighborhood that you might want to look at. Good luck!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 PM

964 posts, read 3,157,720 times
If you could, check around the J-ville and Oxford area. they tend to have their nicer apartments than Anniston does.

Some of them in J-ville I'd avoid though but there are some good ones in the oxford area.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 6,167 times
Thanks for the replies. We're kind of moving blindly, so it's tough. Like I said, he is there already but staying at some slum motel, he is miserable.

He's originally from Arkansas so has no idea of the area. I am moving from....NYC. Yea, I know. So I'm pretty much looking for something really nice to ease the culture shock for me, lol. JK... but something not run down would be nice.

Trying to talk him into oxford. If anyone has specific names of complexes, that would be great.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:17 PM

150 posts, read 467,313 times
Mountain View is the nicest one I've seen personally. It's technically in Anniston, but that's only because of the city limit border sticking out into the edge of Oxford. For all purposes, it's in Oxford.

Just stay away from west Anniston... And most of northeast Anniston.... In fact, just stay out of Anniston proper period. It's a craphole full of criminals.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:47 PM

964 posts, read 3,157,720 times
Rambler hit it on the head. I'd avoid staying in Anniston period. There's SOME nice areas in Anniston, but I'd go for Oxford if I were you. Or you can have him check out Jacksonville there's a few nice apartments around. If you dont mind renting a house, there's several good ones around J-ville.

There's an apartment guide for the area in some gas stations. IIRC, it's called Apartment Finder or something close to it.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,145 times
Dani,
Try Fort McClellan area. There are nice duplexes to rent or buy. I'm orginally from Chicago so I understand the culture differences you're talking about. It's beautiful here though. I love the mountains. And get used to people smiling and saying hi, even though you don't know them. Took me a while on that one. Genually nice people. No matter what race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area