U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 AM

24,792 posts, read 26,180,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaUser View Post
If you still want Vestavia, you could look into some of the newer incorporated areas around Cahaba Heights. Our neighborhood is not on Jeff County Sewer (we are on septic), so we do not have to worry about the sewer issue (unless they start taxing non-users!) and our housing prices are a little more palatable than some other areas in Vestavia.
This is a good call. Cahaba Heights is seriously convenient and seriously undervalued at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 07:25 AM

17 posts, read 12,325 times
Liberty Park schools are excellent and great neighborhoods for kids

Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 AM

17 posts, read 24,224 times
Bman please tell me of your time in Mt. Brook so far...My wife and I are about to make the move as well and had a few fears. I started a post...Family friendly areas...but i'd love to hear from you first hand. Thanks

Old 03-19-2012, 12:05 PM

18 posts, read 18,001 times
Default Vestavia East vs West

Well we have been looking online a lot and have gone out with a realtor once a few weeks back and am even more confused and frustrated. When we lived in Vestavia pre kids we were zoned for West. There aren't a lot of options on the market right now in Vestavia. We'd really like to be in a home zoned for East but are seeing nothing we like below 450K, and what we like is upwards of that.

For the money we'd be a lot better off in other areas including parts of Mtn Brook and Indian Springs. Additonally, I even wonder if its prudent to spend that kind of money on home right now with the metro area in the shape its in and worry about long term re-saleability in that price range.

Also considering down sizing into something in the 250-350 range which would put us into something in West or possibly East with alot of remodeling to do. I am really hoping to find something in Tanglewood. For those in Vestavia, what's the difference between East and West, insight please...

And I'm beginning to think Mtn. Brook may be a serious option after taking a closer look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area