U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM

4,422 posts, read 3,048,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
LOL! If that was meant as a spoof, there used to be this bar on Southside... .
Nah, I was actually trying to be serious. I read about places like Stonehenge or places in Arizona that are supposed to have strong energies or where ley-lines cross and I wonder if I would notice anything, or would the mere suggestion of soemthing being there cause me to "feel" something. But it isn't worth a plane ticket for me to find out. If there was someplace local I could go to test my senstitivity, I'd possibly check it out.

That is, unless it is in a mine shaft or on some catwalk at Sloss or in the middle of Elyton Village...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 PM

11,114 posts, read 24,108,281 times
I could give some exact locations, but that would kinda defeat your purpose wouldn't it?

I really don't know what to say to you. If it was a parlor trick, I'd be fine with letting you in on any "secret". If it was something I could use and control to legitimately make money, I probably would. If it was random enough that I could seriously dismiss it, I'd love to be able to do that as well.

If it interests you, all I can suggest is that you try to be open and aware of things that you don't normally pay attention to, things that might not make sense at the time. Trust me, you'll know if you become aware. If you DON'T find anything unusual, you are likely lucky. Much of the time, I'd just as soon not have to deal with it. Can we move on to something else now, please?

Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 PM

4,422 posts, read 3,048,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Can we move on to something else now, please?
Well, if you don't want to respond that's cool. I'm open to anyone else chiming in.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 PM

29 posts, read 66,153 times
Wow....this is so surreal. Years ago I had a very "aware" moment at the Bankhead DMV...Also driving west on 280 at Inverness(exact location would be when you turn round the corner after passing MeadowBrook Rd & BrookHighland Rd) is just so serene...I used to think it must be the beauty of the landscape around you, but SO many ppl have mentioned an attachment to that stretch of 280 that now I'm thinking maybe a "hotspot"?

Last edited by Geeyes; 03-04-2012 at 08:10 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Miv

131 posts, read 110,418 times
This thread brought to you by......

Alabama's largest Metaphysical and Coffee Shop
GOLDEN TEMPLE HEALTH FOODS AND CAFE - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area