Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,416 times

Advertisements

How late does it go on for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 09:35 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondstalheim View Post
How late does it go on for
Peters out about 8:00. Stragglers until 8:30. But it also goes on later on weekends. For example, one interior designer who lives in Crestline does a big whoopdidoo every Halloween. This year, she has the country star Sara Evans performing a concert in her front yard for passersby. It gets crazy in that neighborhood.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo35223 View Post
If you live here and want to have a great time with your little ones....

Go to Crestline Village in Mountain Brook. The residential area located adjacent to the commercial area is fantastic for Halloween. People come from miles around to go there.

A ten square block area becomes a huge block party on Halloween night....home after home decorated with pride. Parents often bring beer or cocktails to sip while walking with their kids and some homeowners offer cold beer also (but not to the kids!!).

To get there, travel to Crestline Village and take Euclid Avenue, then turn right onto Cherry Street and park your car....there will be hundreds of cars parked in the area and homeowners expect it....

This is the best Trick or Treating in Birmingham - the parents have as much fun as the kids...these homes have small lots so your child will 'load up the wagon' with candy very quickly.

Bring a big bag!

b
We went here last year and they still do this there and it was 2014. We plan on returning this year since our kids had such a blast as well as the adults. The kids left with a ton of candy and even went threw a backyard haunted house that was great. We are from montevallo but it was well worth the trip to go since there isnt much to do locally. Hope this helps anyone looking in to going this year. It was about 8 when we got there so it wasnt as much going on but this year we plan on being there at 5.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:07 AM

946 posts, read 775,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo35223 View Post
If you live here and want to have a great time with your little ones....

Go to Crestline Village in Mountain Brook. The residential area located adjacent to the commercial area is fantastic for Halloween. People come from miles around to go there.

A ten square block area becomes a huge block party on Halloween night....home after home decorated with pride. Parents often bring beer or cocktails to sip while walking with their kids and some homeowners offer cold beer also (but not to the kids!!).

To get there, travel to Crestline Village and take Euclid Avenue, then turn right onto Cherry Street and park your car....there will be hundreds of cars parked in the area and homeowners expect it....

This is the best Trick or Treating in Birmingham - the parents have as much fun as the kids...these homes have small lots so your child will 'load up the wagon' with candy very quickly.

Bring a big bag!

b
I'm sorry but this makes my stomach turn. I'm just curious how many parents drive home drunk from this? I wouldn't take my kids to this kind of environment for nothing. Have my kids trick or treating while some drunk parent is standing and goofing off next to them. Or have them go up to some doorstep where the adults are passing out candy while drinking their beer and liquor?

Was this post actually a joke?

Old 10-30-2015, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
I'm sorry but this makes my stomach turn. I'm just curious how many parents drive home drunk from this? I wouldn't take my kids to this kind of environment for nothing. Have my kids trick or treating while some drunk parent is standing and goofing off next to them. Or have them go up to some doorstep where the adults are passing out candy while drinking their beer and liquor?

Was this post actually a joke?
lol If you lived in the area you would understand the type of people in Mountain Brook. Mountain Brook is one of the wealthiest areas in the entire country. Trust me, they aren't walking around drunk with kids. Walking around with a glass of wine or a 1 beer in your hand is nothing to freak out about. Good Grief.

As for the other person that asked why you would go to someone else's neighborhood.... Lots of areas in birmingham and the surrounding areas are rural. No side walks, 15 houses over 3 miles etc. Most of the neighborhoods in birmingham itself are rough... I wouldn't walk around them in the day time, let alone at night with my kids. lol So you go to an area that is nicer and safe. Trunk or treats or going to malls is boring as all get out and typically have lines that you are standing in for 2 hours so someone can drop a tootsie roll in your bag.... not exactly exciting. lol

I haven't been but I am debating it. I don't know if I want to deal with chaos. bahahaha

Old 10-30-2015, 02:38 PM

109 posts, read 144,668 times
I too am shocked at that statement. Can't imagine drunks and druggies there! Don't like beer but love my wine.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:58 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagrl15 View Post
lol If you lived in the area you would understand the type of people in Mountain Brook. Mountain Brook is one of the wealthiest areas in the entire country. Trust me, they aren't walking around drunk with kids. Walking around with a glass of wine or a 1 beer in your hand is nothing to freak out about. Good Grief.
No kidding! It's not exactly trailer park drunks staggering around with their kids.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,891 times
Smile Halloween Birmingham

My family and I just moved to Birmingham in July I wanted to see if anyone would give me some information
As to where to trick or treat in Birmingham with sidewalk and the towns times

Old 10-31-2015, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 1,891 times
What time does it start

Old 10-20-2017, 11:21 PM

1 posts, read 633 times
Default This post is a few years old.

Id love to take my family here it sounds great. All I can find online is a mardi gras parade. Is there actual door to door trick or treating as well?
Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area