Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 08:17 PM

4,989 posts, read 9,071,969 times

Advertisements

LOL CPG is the man.

Alabama was the first to the moon, we have built submarines, we build Benzes, we build sophisticated weapons, war ships for the Navy, and soon we will be building commercial jets!

Ignorance is a disease the Magic City has a lot to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 09:52 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,068,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
LOL CPG is the man.

Alabama was the first to the moon, we have built submarines, we build Benzes, we build sophisticated weapons, war ships for the Navy, and soon we will be building commercial jets!

Ignorance is a disease the Magic City has a lot to offer.

Slow to start and even slower to give up. Those guys are making a mistake to count us out of the race that they so enjoy. We aren't going away. The best has just begun.

raj

Old 08-03-2013, 11:00 PM

33 posts, read 51,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtonfordbury View Post
CSAs and sectional populations do work that way. The official CSA includes Cullman and Talladega, but you could just as easily include Tuscaloosa and Gadsden. Birmingham has a sizeable number of satellite cities accessible by interstates. 60 miles at 70-80 MPH is less than an hour.
They are all in the same TV market.
Gadsden arose up along side Birmingham in Alabama's industrial boom, and Tuscaloosa grew because of the University of Alabama, which gets many of its students from the Birmingham area. Tuscaloosa is closer to Birmingham than Athens is to Atlanta - about 50 crow-fly miles.
My question is: Since Birmingham ranks significantly higher (42nd) as a TV Market, than it does as MSA, or CSA, or Radio Market, or Urbanized Area, I am curious why no one on this thread seems to use this metric?

TV Market is probably used at least as often as MSA among the media and general public when evaluating the size/importance of markets.

Local Television Market Universe Estimates
Estimates as of January 1, 2013 and used throughout the 2012-2013 television season
42 Birmingham (Ann and Tusc)
http://www.tvb.org/media/file/TVB_Ma...DMA_Ranks2.pdf

Counties in TV Market (from a few years ago, but easy-to-read and hopefully still current)
Designated Market Area Detail Map

P.S. I just found this thread a couple of days ago, and actually skimmed or read all 302 posts, even the one from happy299 (post #284 of this thread, 7-5-2013) selling vibrators from China. I'm new here at City-Data, and wonder why posts such as this are not deleted?

Old 08-04-2013, 06:53 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,991,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketSleuth View Post
My question is: Since Birmingham ranks significantly higher (42nd) as a TV Market, than it does as MSA, or CSA, or Radio Market, or Urbanized Area, I am curious why no one on this thread seems to use this metric?

TV Market is probably used at least as often as MSA among the media and general public when evaluating the size/importance of markets.

Local Television Market Universe Estimates
Estimates as of January 1, 2013 and used throughout the 2012-2013 television season
42 Birmingham (Ann and Tusc)
http://www.tvb.org/media/file/TVB_Ma...DMA_Ranks2.pdf

Counties in TV Market (from a few years ago, but easy-to-read and hopefully still current)
Designated Market Area Detail Map

P.S. I just found this thread a couple of days ago, and actually skimmed or read all 302 posts, even the one from happy299 (post #284 of this thread, 7-5-2013) selling vibrators from China. I'm new here at City-Data, and wonder why posts such as this are not deleted?
Because vibrators from China really contributed to the overall happiness of Birminghamsters. If you'll look at the retail thread, we're really agog at the expected opening of a Sex Toy Warehouse at the Summit.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:10 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,670,076 times
Because a lot of detractors think that Birmigham's CSA is nothing for it to be proud of. TV market would most likely carry less weight. It does to me anyway. I flagged the China post but nothing was done.

This thread has run its course.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 AM

421 posts, read 747,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy299 View Post
Now there are more and more people like to buy adult product from china,the adult products can be advoice pregnant.i buy one from china,i feel very good,i wandyt to share with every body.Happy299 Industrial Co.,Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling Dual Vibration,g spot vibrator,condom and more on Aliexpress.com
Those deals!

Old 08-06-2013, 10:33 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,991,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
Those deals!
Further proof that Birmingham is humming.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:10 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,670,076 times
Humming with vibrancy at that.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:29 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,581,291 times
Indeed. Alabama is pretty major by some standards:
Condom maker breaks down penis size by state, city - DailyFinance

Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 AM

17 posts, read 19,110 times
Bham is a "major city" within its own peer group. That's all. Stop the hyperbole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area