Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 08:46 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,601,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
I love Chick-fil-A. A great company with moals and a great product. We need more like them.
I'm not really addressing that issue. My point is that if a town is putting the fact that a chain fast food restaurant (that already has a strong presence in the area) as evidence of the positive changes in its great town and future planning an direction... well... it comes off a little like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjlZPv-37h0

Which itself is also fine, except that it counters the purpose of the town's marketing efforts. I'm just stating that its poor marketing given the marketing's purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 09:12 AM

522 posts, read 846,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
I'm not really addressing that issue. My point is that if a town is putting the fact that a chain fast food restaurant (that already has a strong presence in the area) as evidence of the positive changes in its great town and future planning an direction... well... it comes off a little like this:

Which itself is also fine, except that it counters the purpose of the town's marketing efforts. I'm just stating that its poor marketing given the marketing's purpose.
Haha...that is hilarious. Only thing, I am sure that that is a little extreme for Vestavia Hills, especially since it is just Chick Fil A. That would be more the reaction for a place like Warrior getting a Chick Fil A or Huntsville getting a Cheesecake Factory (or one of those other over hyped chain restaurants). Lol

Old 10-20-2014, 09:29 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:

Exactly. The southern entrance is already covered with fast food, gas stations and car dealerships. So, mission accomplished. Why all the fuss about reshaping it into something better more contemporary and more upscale if they are celebrating...another fast food place.

In order for them to achieve the grandiose plan they showed a while back, the current businesses are going to have to go away to be replaced by the slick looking glass towered office park they envision.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:18 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Exactly. The southern entrance is already covered with fast food, gas stations and car dealerships. So, mission accomplished. Why all the fuss about reshaping it into something better more contemporary and more upscale if they are celebrating...another fast food place.

In order for them to achieve the grandiose plan they showed a while back, the current businesses are going to have to go away to be replaced by the slick looking glass towered office park they envision.
It would take some serious eminent domain to make that happen. If I own the Shell station at that intersection, I'm fighting it tooth and nail, right down to putting sugar in the gas tanks of the bulldozers.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:40 PM

518 posts, read 469,677 times
Quote:

I have never seen or heard the maketing so I cannot comment on that.

But wouldn't it be great to get a Burger Barn!

Old 10-21-2014, 08:26 AM

All the reports you read in the news are basically reports from their marketing. That's how these kinds of reports work. Thus, the first post is basically the statements directly from the city's PR efforts.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
All the reports you read in the news are basically reports from their marketing. That's how these kinds of reports work. Thus, the first post is basically the statements directly from the city's PR efforts.
So all the news about things like this is just PR?

Old 10-21-2014, 08:08 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,124 times
Quote:
kind of.

vestavia has no way to finance nor any actual plans for such a massive project. transforming a mile long area like that would run into the many hundreds of millions. maybe more.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
kind of.

vestavia has no way to finance nor any actual plans for such a massive project. transforming a mile long area like that would run into the many hundreds of millions. maybe more.
I have not read the information you are refering to so I cannot comment on it directly. Pesonally I don't think any government should be involved in deciding which business to run off and which to allow. They should maintain the roads and let business take care of itself.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
That's how pretty much how news works. Certain people have the megaphone, and that's who the news talks to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area