U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 12:07 PM

74 posts, read 73,116 times

Advertisements

I just pulled this from Oursportscentral.com message board. I think this league is a pipe dream. I remember AL.com having a blub about a new team back a few months back. They have a schedule that starts in May. No teams have an official venue.

From the facebook page, this should be a private thing done behind the scenes instead of in the public like this.

January 7, 2014

Board of Directors
Birmingham Park and Recreation
400 Greymont Avenue, West
Birmingham, AL 35204

Dear Members of the Board:

I am writing on behalf of NAFL Enterprises Inc. and the North American Football League (NAFL) with the desire for the Birmingham Freedom to call Legion Field home for a period of four (4) years starting in March of 2015. The main purpose of this proposal is for scheduling and conducting professional football games during the NAFL’ season which runs during the spring and summer months.

Under our proposal, the NAFL is further requesting to negotiate the use of Legion Field on behalf of the Birmingham Freedom for the following purposes for the next four (4) years:
Year round office space and meeting rooms for football administration and the Freedom TV Network
Training camp, weekly practices and team tryouts
Pre-game, half-time and post-game entertainment
Scheduling of events relating to football and non-football events
We believe that this proposal represents a compelling opportunity, not only for Birmingham’s Park and Recreation Department, but for the City of Birmingham, local businesses and our fans as well. The NAFL has budgeted and committed to spending $30 million over the course of the next four (4) years towards the success of the Birmingham Freedom Football Team.

We will be partnering with local businesses such as CoachComm, Intermark Group and Lemak Sports Medicine.

We would value the opportunity to further discuss with you how to optimize the integration of our respective proposal to create a lasting relationship with the City of Birmingham; a city that is rich in history and more importantly, to help fill the void of your die hard football fans.

We have dedicated a considerable amount of time and resources in choosing the City of Birmingham through our extensive due-diligence process in analyzing potential cities for our eight ( inaugural teams for the upcoming 2015 football season. Unlike past leagues that have come through Birmingham; the NAFL, as stated earlier, is committed to the City of Birmingham for a minimum of four (4) years.

We are prepared to begin contract negotiations immediately. In light of the significance of this proposal to the Members of the Board, as well as to our fans, our intention is to publicly release the text of this letter tomorrow morning.

Due to the importance of these discussions and the value represented by our proposal, we ask that the Parks and Recreation Board to engage in a full review and discussions of our proposal. I would be happy to make myself available to meet with you and the Board at your earliest convenience.

We believe this proposal represents a unique opportunity for everyone involved. The City of Birmingham will be positioned to provide an enhanced value proposition to its residents, local and regional businesses and with visitors to the city. We hope that the Members of the Board share our enthusiasm, and we look forward to a prompt and favorable reply.

Sincerely yours,
Christopher White
President | NAFL Enterprises Inc.
[RIGHT]
[/RIGHT]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 12:32 PM

11,787 posts, read 14,646,473 times
Well, LF is really the only choice - so I am not surprised this is happening. However, I do agree that finding this out from a Facebook page doesn't seem all that professional, but it won't matter if they field a decent product.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:59 PM

779 posts, read 836,415 times
This is dated for January??? What? It seems a little late to be trying to get all of this set up. A little crazy and unprofessional to me.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:40 PM

779 posts, read 836,415 times
I also have a feeling that this league is a waste of resources but I guess it doesn't hurt to welcome them to the city. I'll try to support it.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:08 PM

74 posts, read 73,116 times
That was my point I didnt say sorry. This league named a team like in August last year and just now asking the city if they can use Legion field

Old 01-16-2015, 02:55 PM

11,787 posts, read 14,646,473 times
Ah yeah, kind of cutting it close if they plan to start playing in March. Doesn't leave much time for practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
View detailed profiles of: