Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2019, 08:49 AM

2,448 posts, read 2,231,492 times

Advertisements

From the Orchestra Partners FB page:

Mercantile on Morris

"When the condos at Founders Station sold out in mere weeks, we came to appreciate just how desperately people wanted to live downtown. With that in mind, we sped up Phase II of that project and recently announced 6 more units above the future James Beard Award Winning restaurant, The Essential, and directly on Morris Ave. We've had a lot of emails and calls about those, so act fast bc they'll be move-in ready in May 2019.

Meanwhile, we've been designing our latest mixed use project, which is a historic redevelopment of three old merchant warehouses built in 1905. You'll remember these buildings as the home of the old "Matthews Bar & Grill" (yes, we played pool there, too). They are about to become Mercantile on Morris.

Mercantile is going to be awesome. Similar to Founders Station, we'll have a walkable plaza built among the bones of the old structure connecting 1st Ave N to Morris Ave. Along this plaza will be various retail, restaurants, and bars, and above all the action will be 40+ residential units with a Morris Ave address. There isn't a single unit over $240k.

Tired of Ubering downtown? Move here! Mercantile is a 5min walk from Pilcrow Cocktail Cellar, Sprout & Pour Juicery + Cafe, Square One Goods Co., Urban Standard, The Collins Bar, The Atomic, John's City Diner, Bamboo on 2nd, El Barrio Restaurante, Paramount Bham, Carrigan's Public House. We're only a 10min walk from Railroad Park, Regions Field, The Pizitz Food Hall, the Financial District, and the Publix downtown. Ditch your car, you won't need it.

Morris Avenue will be Birmingham's own flavor of Royal Street, Beale Street, King Street, etc. in a few years, might as well get a sweet deal on it now.

Mercantile will be move-in ready in the Fall 2019, but pre-sales are going on now."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 05:28 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
I'm pretty sure people are desperate to move downtown to escape the imminent traffic apocalypse.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:57 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I'm pretty sure people are desperate to move downtown to escape the imminent traffic apocalypse.
The traffic apocalypse will have minimal impact on me. If I were to move downtown, it would be much more profound. Furthermore, these most recent announced developments won't be completed until the traffic apocalypse is over.

I bet the traffic apocalypse won't actually end up being that terrible.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:21 AM

666 posts, read 515,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
The traffic apocalypse will have minimal impact on me. If I were to move downtown, it would be much more profound. Furthermore, these most recent announced developments won't be completed until the traffic apocalypse is over.

I bet the traffic apocalypse won't actually end up being that terrible.
If the traffic apocalypse isn't that bad, is the road really that necessary?

Old 01-21-2019, 10:26 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmx1 View Post
If the traffic apocalypse isn't that bad, is the road really that necessary?
Eh... I think that's a stretch.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Eh... I think that's a stretch.
Ha yeah. I still there there might be some un-thought-of benefits before it's done. Normally this spurs growth along the other routes and places like Grants Mill/Liberty Park really need to evolve because I feel like they stagnated a year after they were built as far as what all is out there. Maybe this will help.

Last edited by bfmx1; 01-21-2019 at 12:35 PM..

Old 01-31-2019, 07:28 PM

522 posts, read 846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmx1 View Post
Ha yeah. I still there there might be some un-thought-of benefits before it's done. Normally this spurs growth along the other routes and places like Grants Mill/Liberty Park really need to evolve because I feel like they stagnated a year after they were built as far as what all is out there. Maybe this will help.
I am not sure why you feel that Liberty Park has stagnated, but either way they seem to be doing fine with new development coming soon. The Bray will help a little more out there.

The Bray - Liberty Park - New Construction Homes in Birmingham

Old 02-01-2019, 07:59 AM

2,448 posts, read 2,231,492 times
^not to mention Encompass Health (formerly HealthSouth) just opened its brand new HQ there.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
^not to mention Encompass Health (formerly HealthSouth) just opened its brand new HQ there.
Because growing by one 6 story office building in 10 or so years is not considered growth IMO. Lots of houses, but little any thing else. i worked in Liberty Park for a few years. It sucks to work there. You exhaust all your eating options very fast and have to go to 280 for anything. Nice? Yeah sure, but nice gets old fast when there's nothing to do.

Same for Grants Mill. Couple new car dealerships which are awesome but Tom Williams looks it needs a serious overhaul. Either way, pretty stagnant for the past 10 years.

Hopefully, the interstate reroute will help.

Last edited by bfmx1; 02-04-2019 at 12:30 PM..

Old 02-11-2019, 08:00 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
This just in. USS is moving ahead on the Electric Arc Furnace. This is a big deal. 150-200 jobs to start with, but it's also likely that more will result over time.

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh...166&j=86593121
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area