Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 05:56 PM

880 posts, read 804,111 times

Advertisements

I think TopGolf is pretty much a done deal at this point. A company is not going to go in front of the design review board if there are no solid plans in place. The only thing left to find out is, what it will look like, and when it will break ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 08:58 AM

46 posts, read 49,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Football View Post
This is ridiculous! So you put the top golf location on google and then took it away? You need to get a life h

Old 09-28-2016, 05:12 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,651,094 times
Ida know, maybe it is just a rumor...just idle chatter from sunshine pumpers.

Topgolf wins approvals to bring high-tech driving range, entertainment to Magic City | AL.com

Quote:
Topgolf won approvals Wednesday morning to clear the way for its first ever urban location, and right here in the Magic City.
Topgolf is a driving range, but it's high-tech: each golf ball has a RFID chip in it - the kind in cell phones - that collects data about your swing, like distance. But it's not just for the serious golfer - there are different targets folks can attempt to aim, and it's far more than just golf.
Each bay - which customers rent by the hour - has couches and flat screen TVs. The bays are rented by the hour with rates ranging from $25 to $45 depending on peak times and are the same rate regardless of how many people are using the bays. There's also a $5 membership fee, but customers only have to pay that once.
Topgolf is taking up full two city blocks bordered by 12th Avenue North, 11th Avenue North, 26th Street North and 24th Street North. The Birmingham Design Review Committee granted Topgolf approval Wednesday morning as well as approval for the BJCC to demolish two buildings on the property.
About 80 percent of Topgolf's customers are not regular golfers, Topgolf Senior Real Estate Development Associate Mark Foster said. Topgolf will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. It'll also have a 50-table restaurant and bar.
The building will be 65,000 square feet and have a four and a half-acre outfield.
Topgolf has 26 locations in the U.S. and three in the United Kingdom.
"We've reinvented the game of golf, we've made it popular to the masses," Foster said.
The location should open before the end of next year, Foster said.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ida know, maybe it is just a rumor...just idle chatter from sunshine pumpers.

Topgolf wins approvals to bring high-tech driving range, entertainment to Magic City | AL.com
Yeah Tourian, the Bham bashers will hate this news. First ever urban TopGolf location. More importantly, the first TopGolf location in the state of Alabama. This will be huge for downtown Birmingham!

Old 09-28-2016, 05:42 PM

Based on the renderings in the story, the development's orientation will be parallel to interstate 20/59. The views of downtown will be awesome.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:05 PM

Yeah was reading about one that had to be turned because of the afternoon sun but I figured if it was angled somewhat like Regions Park it would have good views of the skyline.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:19 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,188,786 times
I had been wondering if there were other urban locations, as the few I've seen have been in the 'burbs. Pretty cool that this is the first. Definitely would not fit in the middle of a downtown, but right on the edges like this is perfect.

GotLuv4Bham... why do you say the views of downtown will be awesome? Looks to me that this thing faces East down I-20.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:11 PM

Im thinking youll be able to see the CBD to...the right I guess

Old 09-28-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
I had been wondering if there were other urban locations, as the few I've seen have been in the 'burbs. Pretty cool that this is the first. Definitely would not fit in the middle of a downtown, but right on the edges like this is perfect.

GotLuv4Bham... why do you say the views of downtown will be awesome? Looks to me that this thing faces East down I-20.

Wow, you're right. Well, the views from inside the building will be awesome. I thought the top of the rendering was the interstate.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
The description of Nashville's makes it seem it is on the edge of their downtown as well. But it was interesting to see them to make it a point to say this was their first urban location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area