U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-29-2008, 03:46 PM

3 posts, read 5,487 times
Default Best Dog Kennels for my nervous dog

My wife and I are in the process of relocating from the Philadelphia area. MY wife is already working in Bham,but I can't join yet. We want to bring our dog down soon, but she would need to go into a kennel on weekends when my wife comes north or has a business trip.
The dog is a 10 yr old Rottie w/ stranger issues who needs TLC. She is daddy's little girl.

Are there reco's out there?

My wife's office/ lodging is in Irondale. Eventually, we are planning to live in the Trussville/Leeds/Moody area.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

stu007
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 11:49 AM

941 posts, read 1,750,879 times
Check out Riverview Animal Clinic on Highway 280. They aren't the cheapest, but they do a good job catering to the individual needs of the dog and to their personality.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:58 AM

5,299 posts, read 1,872,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu007 View Post
My wife and I are in the process of relocating from the Philadelphia area.
The dog is a 10 yr old Rottie w/ stranger issues who needs TLC.
Sounds like alot of people I know from Philadelphia as well,seems to be a common thing there
Good luck in your move,I can't wait for mine!

Old 04-14-2008, 05:56 PM

19 posts, read 78,755 times
Does your dog enjoy the outdoors? I have been taking my dog to an awesome place for the past 2 years when I need to board him. The place is owned by a husband and wife who bought a farm out past Moody and opened a kennel. They take the dogs on nature walks, let them swim in the ponds, let them run and play in fenced in pastures several times a day ...they love dogs and have been so kind with my formerly very skittish rescue dog. He LOVES to go there, and almost doesn't want to come home with me. They take care of any special needs and are the nicest people...plus, they are less expensive than the vet offices where I took him before. Their website is Kellyrunfarm.com. It is about 30 minutes from my house in Homewood, but is worth the extra time to drive there....I hated the thought of my dog being locked in a cage when I was gone, but this place is like a vacation to him. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:38 PM

22 posts, read 33,248 times
It has been a few years (I moved away), but I always used Riverview Animal Clinic. They let me take a tour of the facilities so that I felt comfortable (with no advance notice!). They also had an upgrade type package (I believe it was called TLC) so my animals got extra attention. It wasn't expensive. Excellent vet services too. Check them out.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 5,487 times
Default Thanks for the info!

We're trying Riverview this week. I visited, got a thorough tour and liked the friendly staff, the TLC extras and the vet services. My fingers are crossed!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:52 PM

941 posts, read 1,750,879 times
Your dog will be in good hands. I used to use them a lot, but it was for my birds and other exotics. Dr. Atlas is among the best veterinarians I have ever known.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:47 PM

22 posts, read 33,248 times
In fact, we adopted our cat from Riverview, who was named "Atlas" after Dr. Atlas. If anyone from Riverview reads, dear Atlas is no longer with us due to kidney problems. He was the LOUD Siamese cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area