Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 03:39 PM

79 posts, read 193,312 times

Advertisements

They keep digging a rectangular section of the road on the university blvd between 19th St and 20th St. This is near the intersection (to be precise it's at the location where it says 149 in the image below) of 19th and is on the left lane. This used to be a smooth section of the road one year back, but they have been digging it regularly in the past one year and it has gotten worse over the past one week or so when they didn't care to do the patchwork. While driving from 20th to 19th St on University Blvd, I have to swerve left for few seconds to avoid that section. From last Friday, I have even stopped driving from University Blvd for the same reason and instead, using 7th Ave S to reach my parking lot near UAB rec center.

I don't quite understand what's their problem. Why don't they repair such important sections of the road which could cause accidents and damage tires?

Who is the person/department in charge of taking care of such things?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 05:19 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
I would imagine it's because there's a great deal of construction expected there soon with the anticipated demolition of the UAB Townhouse between 20th and Arrington. If they're likely looking at tearing up the streets around the project, they probably don't want to spend money twice on the same stretch of road.

That's my guess anyway.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:22 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,336,731 times
They are working on the building right in front of this. And yes, this section of road is going to be torn up many times. I suggest you plan a new route unless going out of your way one block will be a bigger problem for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area