U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 02:25 PM

5 posts, read 10,171 times

Advertisements

Originally, I am from B'ham, Alabama. In 1986 I was kidnapped by three strangers from my home. At the time, I was twenty-one years old. I was raped and beaten, sodomized, then shot in the head and left for dead.
The three men responsible have only served twenty-two years of two concurrent life terms for rape and attempted murder. Each man becomes eligible for parole every three to five years. On January 8, 2009 I must stand before the Alabama Board of Paroles and ask them to deny parole to inmate Munk Willis. It is my belief that this violent sex offender will not be capable of conforming to minimal standards of conduct within a community; and in fact poses a grave risk to society.
I am asking readers to sign a petition of protest (you need only be a citizen of the U.S. for your signature to count) supporting my request to this board. As a political machine, they are influenced by public opinion, so every signature really will matter. The petition is a confidential document; viewed only by myself and the acting board members. Your signature will never be made public.
I am enclosing a link directly to the petition (http://www.idahofallstoday.com/wp-admin/www.ipetitions.com/petition/denyparole_munkcaselowwillis/ - broken link)
Deny Parole For Violent Sex Offender Munk Caselow Willis AIS#145097 Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]
as well as to my blog
http://www.survivingviolentcrime.blogspot.com/
which talks about the details of my case and my thoughts and experiences as a survivor of crime. Because of the current push to reduce crowding in prisons (a real issue) a large showing of public support for denying this man parole can make a huge difference.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at drgnflyz@yahoo.com.
Thank you for signing the petition. We will all be safer for your efforts.
Peace,
Susan Waller-Scherr

Old 10-31-2008, 11:43 PM

5,708 posts, read 14,796,991 times
I remember this.
I have signed the petition.
God bless and keep you close.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:01 AM

29,264 posts, read 62,929,570 times
I just signed it as well. I'd imagine the physical scars you bore that dreadful day may have been long healed, but the emotional scars will last you a lifetime. How can we approve of the release of someone who has such little regard for humanity?

You're in my thoughts and prayers up here in Yankee turf.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 AM

Thank you for your kind words and support.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 AM

807 posts, read 2,645,675 times
Petition signed...I applaud your assertiveness. There is some comfort in knowing that their real judgement is coming.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:20 AM

12 posts, read 36,007 times
I signed you have our families support keep fighting to keep him off the streets and keep children safe and our young adults. You are a fighter keep up the excillent work!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 09:36 AM

133 posts, read 440,511 times
I signed and passed it on. God Bless you.....I am so sorry that you went through such hell, but I am so grateful that youve endured !

Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 AM

20 posts, read 58,412 times
I signed the petition and will pass it on to my friends. You have my support. I don't entirely trust the judicial system (my brother is in prison on a life sentence for a nonviolent crime), but I hope they work right in your case. Good luck.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:54 PM

pyhzzydud-thank you for your support. I do understand that there are problems with our judicial and corrections systems. Many people are sentenced incorrectly. I wish that more emphasis was placed on rehabilitation for offenders of all types so that they are better prepared to reenter society.

The reality in my particular case is that this man is a grave risk to re-offend as an untreated, violent and sex offender.

Peace to you

Old 01-13-2009, 09:25 PM

On Jan 8, 2009 parole was denied for Munk Willis. He will be eligible for parole again in 2012 Parole denied to Birmingham man serving life term for rape, attempted murder - al.com Thanks to everyone for the support!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area