Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 07:49 PM

30 posts, read 116,868 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I may be moving to the Birmingham area from Pa, by way of TN, so Im a southern girl at heart... my biggest concern is that I am in fact from Tn, and we bleed orange where I come from LOL... ok, seriously, I have pets, 4 cats to be exact...4 lovely little fuzballs that I am not really willing or ready to part with, but I am having a hard time about finding out information about the number of pets one can have in a dwelling... here in the land of muncipalites and such, it is 2 for some bouroughs and and 1 for others... obviously, I did not listen... but still... any info would be welcome, also I am looking in the Hoover area, as that is where work is... but is Southside close to Hoover? I will be renting as I am not sure how long I will be living there, maybe 2-3 yrs

Thanks,

Amanda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 07:18 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,766,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasSpiff View Post
Ok, so I may be moving to the Birmingham area from Pa, by way of TN, so Im a southern girl at heart... my biggest concern is that I am in fact from Tn, and we bleed orange where I come from LOL... ok, seriously, I have pets, 4 cats to be exact...4 lovely little fuzballs that I am not really willing or ready to part with, but I am having a hard time about finding out information about the number of pets one can have in a dwelling... here in the land of muncipalites and such, it is 2 for some bouroughs and and 1 for others... obviously, I did not listen... but still... any info would be welcome, also I am looking in the Hoover area, as that is where work is... but is Southside close to Hoover? I will be renting as I am not sure how long I will be living there, maybe 2-3 yrs

Thanks,

Amanda
southside is about 8-10 miles from hoover. depending on the time of day this could be a 10 minute commute (2am) or a 20-25 minute commute (rush hour). either way, not too bad. hoover is a pretty spread out place so that could cause a big difference if you are talking from the city center of hoover versus some of the planned communities of hoover on the far east (greystone) or far west (lake cyrus) sides of town.

as for pets, i'm not really sure... as far as i know there aren't too many city laws that are going to get you... it is probably up to the individual land lords and realty companies that rent you an apartment. of course you can expect to pay pet deposits and maybe extra rent at any place that does allow pets (i would think most do).

how big of a place are you looking to rent and what is your price range? there are lots of renting options on southside. the highland ave/lakeview area is a lot cheaper than areas closer to downtown like on 4th ave or 5th ave because of their proximity to UAB, as wel as downtown. you could expect to pay 800-1200 a month for a 1 bedroom right near uab, but probably 500 just a mile or two away in the highland ave. portion of southside.

there are tons of converted homes, apartments and condos to rent in this area so that is good news. there are also a fair number of places to rent in hoover, though most of them are not where i would want a 20something female to live by herself.

if you have any other questions, please let me know. i'm in my early 20s myself, grew up my entire life in hoover, will be graduating from college here in 2 months and making the move to southside (already have a condo) so i'm sure i can answer most of your questions about both of these areas.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:41 AM

346 posts, read 1,778,780 times
Your critter may be an issue unless you rent from an individual. Yes, I love felines dearly and understand your predicament. The orange blood is no big deal. Just wait for the Auburn/Bama game :>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area