U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 AM

176 posts, read 276,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miv View Post
Can anyone recommend a dentist that does extractions?
I have had two extractions done by Dr. Carr at GONZALEZ & CARR PC. Off 280
If one has time and patience I heard that the school of dentistry at UAB does a fair extraction job too. IIRC if you are willing to be the guinea pig/volunteer I think the students learning will do it for free, but you have to ask for it. Good luck and may the pain killers be with you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 PM

3 posts, read 3,584 times
YES!! I was husband's guinea pig when he was in schoolthere and son attends now. You get good care. Professors ho are dentists check everything. I would say YES!

Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 AM

53 posts, read 165,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronIV View Post
I am looking to get an implant and a crown to a lower left front molar at UAB School of Denisrtry. Has anyone had this type of work done at UAB and about what is the cost?

I haven't had any experience with the UAB clinic, but I recently got an implant from the Foundry dental clinic. I never would have thought to go there, but there was a Groupon for $1900 and my dentist quoted me $4600, so I went for it. The clinic is in the hood in Bessemer, but it's very clean and everyone working there was great--and my implant looks great! The last time I was there they weren't accepting new patients, but that may have changed in the past couple of months. If any of you don't have dental insurance (or, if like me, it doesn't cover much other than cleanings and fillings) it might be worth checking out.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,798 times
They quoted me $570 per root canal and 6 or 700 for crown. Private dentist is $950 for root canal and 950 - 1000 for crown. That's at UAB

Old 08-17-2013, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,354 times
I have a back molar that needs to come out and I want an implant put in. Does anyone have information on in the school does implants and approx cost for one?

Old 08-17-2013, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,354 times

Old 09-02-2013, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,630 times
How much would it be to get braces at UAB college denistry?????

Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,550 times
Does anyone have an estimate on how much it is to get 2 non-impacted wisdom teeth out at UAB? I've heard they are cheap, but I don't want to pay 40 dollars for an exam if I could go somewhere else for less. My husband and I are college students on minimum wage, so any advise on cheap removal helps!!!

Old 10-29-2013, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,482 times
Thumbs up Clinic is amazing

Used the clinic about 5 yrs ago for extractions and set of temp dentures. Life being what it is, the temps are still being used and now Im ready for permanent set to be done. (over years, your gums shrink and change and refit is needed anyway). I will go back to UAB for this. The students do the actual work , UNDER CONSISTENT WATCHFUL EYE and chairside observance of Senior students AND practicing dentists/professors. I had no problems with any of the work done, and no complaints. Its worth going for the initial exam because they do full xrays and make sure there are no gum diseases or issues with bone structure that can be an problem for some procedure's. All in all, I thought it was a perfect experience. The wait for appointments of course takes time, and once there you wait for the first exam/xray etc, but THEN you are scheduled for days/times and they are SPOT ON with keeping up. Keep in mind as well...these are STUDENTS learning to become dentists. They need practice to learn properly and the fees are based on THAT...very VERY much less than private practice dentists in most areas of Alabama. NO first year students actually work on patients. Also, the prosthodontics fit me VERY well, from day one. Extractions done, dentures put in immediately after. Feedback about ANY ISSUES , whether about the student, work done or any procedure....is taken very seriously as it helps them improve the services. I would suggest take a book or something to keep you occupied during the waiting room time, and money for parking, food as some days they DO get backed up and the wait between patients can be a bit longer. Still, very MUCH worth going to have great work at a reasonable price.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 979 times
I have a child on medicaid. This good program does not cover the progressive treatment and braces she will need over the next 4 yrs. Her pediatric dentist suggested UAB dental clinic. We have had the exam/evaluation -quoted less than $3000.00!!! Have been thru 2 much simpler cases which were approximately $5000 to $6500 a piece. Private work on this child would be 6 to 7 thousand. Told she will always see same dentist unless he/she graduates.
Do the math and consider the need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area