Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times

Advertisements

I have started working in BHM. We are thinking of buying in Trussville. My wife is an RN with 14 years exp. , was hoping to get some help on what or where she should look for a job. Is Trussville a good place to live? My office is in Homewood. Can anybody advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 10:02 PM

111 posts, read 257,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fausz View Post
My wife is an RN with 14 years exp. , was hoping to get some help on what or where she should look for a job.
Good lord, are you kidding? You know how many hospitals we have here? There's UAB, Childrens' Hospital, Cooper Green, UAB, St. Vincent, UAB, the VA hospital, Brookwood, UAB, Trinity, and did I mention UAB? Plus there are plenty of clinics all around town and talk of building another hospital or two out in Shelby County.

I doubt your wife will have trouble finding a job. You can start on the local newspaper's website:

Alabama Local Jobs - al.com

I just ran a search for "nurse, rn," restricting it to within 30 miles of Birmingham, and got 58 results. She should also probably look on Monster, and she probably already knows some websites specifically for medical jobs. Or she can just pick a hospital here, go on their website and probably find openings. Here's the website for UAB:

Careers

UAB Nursing even has its own separate website:

UAB Nursing

If you have to be sick, Birmingham's not a bad place for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area