U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 03:29 PM

30 posts, read 44,459 times

Advertisements

Hi I noticed this area after I posted a question on the Huntsville thread so I'm sorry to have to add that hear now but it gives an idea of what I'm looking for. I'm big on boating and I'm looking with interest at this area as a growth area and somewhere to invest for future retirment.
I hope this helps reflect what Im looking for, and sorry for the duplication.
"I've searched a good deal on the threads and the MLS listings are so far favor, in order of prefence, Kneel Mtn, Gurley, K Powells listings, about 29-49K for a little over a acrea at about the 1500' level with some very nice homes there already, Shawnee Circle, about 15-16K which is on top the mtns right above Scottsboro and right west of Tepulo Parkway, also about 1500' level but no homes are their yet, far as I can map quest it. And then there's Arab and also Scottsboro.
Now I'm just looking to buy now and build later, maybe within 2-5 yrs. The first two choices have building restrictions of 2000 sq. ft. min., which is a plus to me, and are at the elevation which buffers the heat and humidity a bit. I'm not sure if I'll need to work, and travel to Huntsville, but it seems that even from Scottsboro, the north part, it wouldn't be that bad. Hey I live in NJ and this place really stinks, esp. the roads!
Oh, I do have a speed boat and the Scottsboro, Guntersville areas could also be nice but I'm not sure what the area is like, as you folks stated, chicken coops and old cars go hand and hand which beautiful homes. I've been to Cullman and have seen this, no big deal to me but I would prefer a up and coming development or maybe a few acres outside of one of thses towns.
Well I hope I gave enough of what I'm looking for and thanks to all ahead of time. Feel free to correct me and point out other options!
BTW, NJ is in dreadful shape with property taxes of nearly 8K in my area and our governor says he doesn't think we're over taxed! He says NJ is a Premiun state with the best of everything! Nut's a say, your state and Texas are so much nicer!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 AM

5,705 posts, read 14,783,641 times
Don't know much about the lake and area, but here's an article from the New York Times from May 2008: Havens - Logan Martin Lake, Ala. - Havens - Logan Martin Lake, Ala. - NYTimes.com
We drove by twice last week on our way to and from Atlanta, and I was pleased to see that after many years, the lake is again full of water! Recent years' droughts had lowered the water level by many feet.

BTW, it's LOgan Martin Lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area