U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,004 times

Advertisements

We are thinking to move to Hoover with my husband, we are engineers. We have 2 children. They are 13 and 12 years old. Our budget for house is about 150 - 170 K. We are looking for very good middle and high schools, a safe place near to opportunities (maybe not so far of the downtown) to work and near to malls, shopping, etc. Now we live in Jasper.
We saw some houses in Deer Valley in Hoover, they are in our range of price, are small but we think these could be. We want to buy a house which features let us to sell easy in the future

I will appreciate your opinions about Deer Valley. Do you know about any problems with Deer Valley?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 10:04 AM

15,594 posts, read 47,165,364 times
Back Again, while I know you are trying to be helpful, I can see posts of listings cluttering up the forums to the point where it would be a problem. These are nothing but advertisements, and the info is already available to the OP from other sources. Your response only obliquely addresses her question - "I will appreciate your opinions about Deer Valley. Do you know about any problems with Deer Valley?" If I was a kid, I would have issues going to a school named "Bumpus."

Old 05-14-2009, 03:47 PM

350 posts, read 1,095,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Back Again, while I know you are trying to be helpful, I can see posts of listings cluttering up the forums to the point where it would be a problem. These are nothing but advertisements, and the info is already available to the OP from other sources. Your response only obliquely addresses her question - "I will appreciate your opinions about Deer Valley. Do you know about any problems with Deer Valley?" If I was a kid, I would have issues going to a school named "Bumpus."
I do not see how anyone with a handle of "chickpea" would have a problem with any other name
Only kidding, I could not resist

I see your point and perhaps I should have just said there are some very nice homes in Deer Valley price between $159K -$170K, which I guess will cut down on the clutter.

School name aside, I do not see how anyone could go wrong with the Hoover School System, can you? Hoover was rated as one of the best schools around.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:07 PM

28,906 posts, read 42,512,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Weren't the Bumpuses the next-door neighbors on "A Christmas Story" with all the hound dogs that ate the Christmas turkey?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:23 AM

15,594 posts, read 47,165,364 times
Yeah. Can you imagine a school full of them???!!!

Back Again, the school system there was one of the better ones. (I don't have recent experience.) I used to have to hire kids in that area, and they had a more rounded education than a lot of other school districts. Thanks for pulling back on the clutter. Always a pleasure to see how folks in Alabama have manners and grace.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,816 times
I have a friend living in Deer Valley, and he enjoys it. With Target opening up nearby, it is a good location.
The school system in Hoover is very good, comparable with Vestavia Hills. IMO the only clearly better public system in the Birmingham area is Mountain Brook, but you will have to double your housing budget to get them in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area