Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:42 AM

964 posts, read 3,160,080 times

Advertisements

Like someone said, just get the basics and upgrade later. Check out Craiglist, the local ads, etc.

And there's a book that comes out ever Thursday and it usually has all kinds of furniture from people trying to sell it. You can find it in convenience stores and the like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 05:57 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
I agree with Threestep, you should buy a 'new' mattress/boxspring then look around for the other furniture. You can either buy 2nd hand furniture or new according to your budget.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:50 AM

4 posts, read 7,916 times
Oh great. The words of encouragement are much appreciated (I am quite a nervous mover). I have looked up Five points on Google, it sounds quite exciting. You know? When I took the place, one of the first things I did was search for Anglican churches - I think I found yours and was going to check it out! I look forward to seeing you there - I am 28, may I ask if it has some members around my age (well, anything 18-40 really!).

I am very sorry for the delay in response, I must have messed up my settings, because I thought I would be alerted everytime someone responded to a post of mine, but I am not sure that this is the case...

Lekki xxx

Lekki xxx

Old 08-05-2009, 07:49 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LekkiWood View Post
Oh great. The words of encouragement are much appreciated (I am quite a nervous mover). I have looked up Five points on Google, it sounds quite exciting. You know? When I took the place, one of the first things I did was search for Anglican churches - I think I found yours and was going to check it out! I look forward to seeing you there - I am 28, may I ask if it has some members around my age (well, anything 18-40 really!).

I am very sorry for the delay in response, I must have messed up my settings, because I thought I would be alerted everytime someone responded to a post of mine, but I am not sure that this is the case...

Lekki xxx

Lekki xxx
Hi, Lekki.

We're St. Mary's on the Highlands Episcopal Church (That's how members of the Anglican Communion are designated in the states). We're about four blocks from where you'll live and, yes, there's a very active, embracing 25-30 something group there. They have plenty of activities and social events centered around people your age. Without being too aggressive in recruiting you, I think you'll be pleased with the environment you find there, and it's a good way to make friends almost immediately.

Here's the website: Welcome ::St. Mary's On The Highlands::. During the summer, there are three services: 7:30 (1928 Prayer Book for the benefit of the mossbacks), 10:00 a.m. (A mix of young, old, and families), and 5:00 p.m. (A more laid-back service). During the rest of the year, services are at 7:30, 8:50, 11:00, and 5:00 p.m., with Sunday school at 10:00. There's also a great Wednesday night program that balances socializing with education. Hope you can join us!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 AM

24,529 posts, read 10,846,327 times
I need help! Can one of y'all post the DMV drivers license link for Lekki? I cannot open it. Thank you.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:24 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Alabama Department of Public Safety (http://www.dps.state.al.us/DriverLicense/Default.aspx - broken link)

http://www.dps.state.al.us/DriverLicense/pdf/ApplyingDL.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area