Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > TamaraSavannah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Do People name their PC's?

Posted 08-23-2023 at 01:14 PM by TamaraSavannah

I do. Just named the new one this morning....because the old one gave out last night.

I think I started, a generation ago, when I started working for those who named their mainframe computers. Granted, it helped a lot that screen technology had advanced enough to make a good image of who the computer was named for.

I name my computers for heroines. So it has been........

Caitlin (Airwolf): 286
Lyta (Babylon V): Windows...
Not a member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Well, up dark and early on Saturday Morning.....and where does the time go?

Posted 03-31-2018 at 08:30 AM by TamaraSavannah

I awoke at 0530ish and it is already almost 0930?

I know, the Net is contagious and that is were it went, from the dark to the dawn to just after 0830.

I guess I should think of the things I have accomplished, such as making the coffee, greeting the down, started the dishwasher, made and had my breakfast, and now having fed the kittens.

Sort of. We are out of shreds and I had to give them pate. Melas would go for it but Izzy & Gizzy turn their nose up...
Not a member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Welcome to the Ranch, Tamara!

Posted 03-22-2017 at 07:06 AM by TamaraSavannah

Remember when I commented here or there that I might have to go to a very primitive way of Net computing? Such as formulating my questions during the day, asking them at work at night and finding the answers then?

Well it appears I was right in more ways than I thought. Found out I have blown through my satellite download allowance for this month and that is why my speeds are [I]WAY [/I]down.

How could I have done that? Well, I'm guessing leaving my computer, my browsers...
Not a member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Put your best face forward

Posted 12-31-2016 at 09:34 AM by TamaraSavannah

In Dr. Who, "Destiny of the Daleks", Romana II comments about being able to stop her hearts and a space engineer asks, "Hearts? How many do you have?".

Romana answers, "Two! One for everyday, one for best.". I think I was influenced to take it further than that.

Okay, I was going to comment on having this or that personalty I can activate at will. It is something I learned to do in acting, maybe after in Improvisation when one of my classmates...
Not a member
Posted in Uncategorized