Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Ericthebean
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Stepped foot in 46 of 50 States...best of what I saw

Posted 01-10-2015 at 12:19 PM by Ericthebean
Updated 01-10-2015 at 02:15 PM by Ericthebean

In life you gotta connect the dots by taking a number of periodic adventures...could be accidental or could be planned...either way you add these as places you have touched ground.

Alabama (in 1994 and 2002) - Huntsville Space and Rocket Center (went to that space camp as a kid and loved it. They have virtually everything to simulate the feeling of embarking on a space mission...especially the twist museum and dormitory design like a space station...great IMAX theater as well!!!...
Not a member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A little snow goes a long long way

Posted 01-07-2015 at 08:51 PM by Ericthebean

The ideal winter wonderland is a 6-inch mound of pure fine-gained powder snow that keeps its fairy dust-like texture by not getting the chance to melt and then refreeze.

The challenge is that snow precipitates more shyly, if at all, when temperatures drop too far below the freezing mark, as in single digits. But we do not want that wet slushy sleet that ices up. I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too. But there's that balance where you get lots of snow and it's truly powder....I...
Not a member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

We so take our freedom for granted

Posted 01-06-2015 at 06:21 PM by Ericthebean
Updated 01-06-2015 at 06:37 PM by Ericthebean

For those of us who live in the US, our axis to global information and live stream radio via Internet are absolutely unlimited, in part because the U.S. believes our access to pretty much everything "be it on the far left or the far right or in between" MUST not be infringed. Truly the only thing that may narrow our information access ... are our willful decisions to not look at what we have available to us.....whether it be at home...or through our public libraries...or in our nation's...
Not a member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's always hot and sunny somewhere on earth

Posted 01-05-2015 at 07:00 PM by Ericthebean
Updated 01-05-2015 at 07:09 PM by Ericthebean

Right now while I am shivering in below freezing temperatures here on East Coast of the North American continent, reclining and heading off to bed,

Way down under in the Great Barrier Reef off the northern coast of Australia, the scorching hot sun is baking right overhead. The sunbathers are scrambling for sun lotion if they are off duty on a summery Tuesday afternoon. And the smell of coconuts, lime juice, and Aussie barbecue :)

It is not a passing fancy that it is...
Not a member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's ok if you are shy

Posted 01-04-2015 at 11:18 AM by Ericthebean
Updated 01-04-2015 at 11:34 AM by Ericthebean

Among the differences in people I see every day, even more universal than all physical characteristics (skin color color, age, hair, style of clothes, etc), is this continuum of people who are overly talkative vs people who don't say much vocally (not to say they don't speak in a more unique form...non-verbally, in writing, an art form...or they process info longer and way way way more deeply by a gift of nature in how they were made in this world).

Shy people I reckon think a lot...
Not a member
Posted in Uncategorized