Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > marilujo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Worth it to renovate LR & DR into a Master Suite & Bath?

Posted 11-03-2021 at 08:52 AM by marilujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
The idea of having TWO masters is very popular among those who are looking for places that can accommodate elder relatives moving in.
~ Diana Holbrook, I’m hearing that more and more about accommodating elders. And noticing that in our development. Also it’s cheaper to move in older relatives than having them live in assisted living facilities or even nursing homes depending on their healthcare needs and if manageable at home. That’s why if we moved forward but decided to...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Posted 11-03-2021 at 08:50 AM by marilujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
The idea of having TWO masters is very popular among those who are looking for places that can accommodate elder relatives moving in.
~ Diana Holbrook, I’m hearing that more and more about accommodating elders. And noticing that in our development. Also it’s cheaper to move in older relatives than having them live in assisted living facilities or even nursing homes depending on their healthcare needs and if manageable at home. That’s why if we moved forward but decided to...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Posted 11-03-2021 at 08:36 AM by marilujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
I would sell and purchase a smaller one level home with extra rooms/space that would get used regularly. . . why clean, heat and cool dead space, simultaneously you’d get rid of clutter ( win/win). . . .sooner is better than later, father time is unforgiving, as one ages stairs get harder to climb and areas more difficult to clean.
I wish it was that easy…ranchers are hard to find in our area, 1st floor master suites are even harder to find but in demand, especially if you don’t...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Posted 11-03-2021 at 08:24 AM by marilujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
I don't think that would hurt or help either way. If you're going to stay, do it. I expect most folks (older) that might be upset by the missing formal dining room would also appreciate a first floor master suite.
~Big decision to make!! Thank you!!
Posted in Uncategorized