Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Ron Price's Blog at City-Data.com
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
PIONEERING OVER FIVE EPOCHS

A. MY TYPE OF SOCIAL NETWORKING

1. Everything I do with other people online is part of my particular type of social networking across the vast landscape that is cyberspace. My social networking is associated with three basic activities: (a) the creation of a personal website(at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/) that serves as a home base, a central hub, for my writing, for teaching and consolidation, that is, community building, for service and social activism, as well as for feedback from others---should they wish; (b) the creation of a detailed personal profile(see Appendix 1 below) which I post at over 8000 internet sites which readers at these sites can access, again, if they wish; and finally (c) posting my writing at these 8000+ sites, and interacting with others about my posts and theirs. In the process I promote my website, and my writing, at these 8000+ internet sites.

2. In the last dozen years, 2004 to 2015, I have created an extensive audience-readership. I address myself to a circle, a crowd or single individuals. I try to make of my interactions more than the typical ones found at sites like Facebook and twitter. The interactions or connections at such popular social networking sites often reduce friendship to a feeling or an image, a sense of connection to faraway or nearby friends about everyday things based, for the most part, on very short, pithy posts.

3. My cyberspace creation is made by a now self-employed individual: a retired teacher and lecturer, tutor and adult educator, taxi-driver and ice-cream salesman. I am now a poet and publisher, writer and author, editor and researcher, online blogger and journalist, scribbler and sampler within the immense commentariat and bloggosphere that is the world-wide-web.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

THE COUNTER-CULTURE: Some Reflections

Posted 07-03-2015 at 07:14 PM by RonPrice (Ron Price's Blog at City-Data.com)

NIETZSCHE and THE PROBLEM OF VALUES

Part 1:

What has made, and what now makes, the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche(1844-1900) so important, is that he recognized with great force, clarity and impressive foresight the most troubling and persistent problem of modernity: the problem of values. His writings, though, at least for millions in the last century or more, lack a simplicity for readers. For millions of others, of course, they know nothing of Nietzsche and, like...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Landscapes and elsewheres

Posted 06-18-2015 at 07:37 PM by RonPrice (Ron Price's Blog at City-Data.com)

Part 1:

My poetry has come to be defined by some things, some topics, to such an extent that it is simply unimaginable to contextualize my total oeuvre without recognizing the significance, the importance, of these subjects; the essence of my poetry is so much associated with this typical, prototypical, subject matter and so detailed in the particularities of description and definition that I construct, in the process of writing my poetry, a world, a home, a place, a mise en scene,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Employment-social-role positions: 1943-2014

Posted 12-16-2014 at 09:48 PM by RonPrice (Ron Price's Blog at City-Data.com)
Updated 06-04-2015 at 04:20 AM by RonPrice (To update the wording)

EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL-ROLE POSITIONS: 1943-2015

2010-2015-Retired and on a pension in George Town, Tasmania
1999-2009-Writer & Author, Poet & Publisher, Editor & Researcher. Retired Teacher & Lecturer, Tutor & Adult Educator, Taxi-Driver & Ice-Cream Salesman, George Town Tasmania Australia
2002-2005-Program Presenter City Park Radio Launceston
1999-2004-Tutor &/or President George Town School for Seniors Inc
---ABOVE THIS LINE ARE MY...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Description #2 of Ron Price's Blog

Posted 10-22-2008 at 12:22 AM by RonPrice (Ron Price's Blog at City-Data.com)
Updated 03-21-2015 at 06:31 PM by RonPrice (To update the wording)

MY TAPESTRY OF INTERNET WRITING

Part 1:

There are now several hundred thousand readers, perhaps millions, engaged in parts of my internet tapestry, my literary product, my creation, my immense pile of words across the internet--and hundreds of people with whom I correspond on occasion as a result. This amazing technical facility, the world wide web, has made this literary success possible.

If my writing had been left in the hands of the traditional hard and...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Description #1 of Ron Price's Blog

Posted 10-22-2008 at 12:21 AM by RonPrice (Ron Price's Blog at City-Data.com)
Updated 12-16-2014 at 09:45 PM by RonPrice (To update the wording)

My literary activity on the world-wide-web is a personal and quite industrious enterprize. When I can find the time, I am engaged in creating across this global internet a tapestry or a ***-saw puzzle of poetry and prose. At this site, readers will find one of my many journals, diaries or blogs. These various terms are used by various internet sites for a series of posts by one writer/author. The series of posts at this site is one of the many parts of this tapestry of prose and poetry I refer...
Posted in Uncategorized