Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Carolina Knight
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Fire Lane and Handicap Parking

Posted 07-16-2019 at 08:29 AM by Carolina Knight

I have noticed an increase of motorists having challenges parking vehicles in public locations. Motorists are either illiterate or not educated. Illegal parking does have consequences including fines, criminal charges, and permanent revocation of driving privileges.

Fire lane

The fire lane is reserved for emergency vehicles (i.e. fire companies) when responding to fires, rescues, medical assists, or other emergencies. It not not curbside parking for customers to...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Grocery Stores Defined

Posted 04-10-2019 at 09:42 AM by Carolina Knight

We find ourselves having various grocery stores in the grocery retail spectrum.

Grocery store

A grocery store may focus solely on grocery. Meat and produce are optional.

Supermarket

Supermarkets include grocery, meat, produce, and customer service departments. They have added floral, pharmacy, and seafood departments.

Examples: Albertson's, Kroger, Publix, Walmart Neighborhood Market

Hypermarket
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Food Deserts

Posted 04-08-2019 at 10:48 PM by Carolina Knight

I have seen confusion on what food deserts are. I would like to be straightforward on what food deserts are and correct definitions for other deserts.

A food desert is an area where food is not available. Many could disagree using the thought a food desert is an area with limited access to affordable and nutritious food. When restaurants are present in an area serving affordable and nutritious food, the area cannot be considered a food desert.

What other deserts...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ten Years

Posted 04-07-2019 at 07:11 AM by Carolina Knight

"Begin. The rest is easy."

The quote by George W. Jenkins, founder of Publix Super Markets, is among several quotes from successful people I like and live by.

I had to begin somewhere on City-Data ten years ago. I began somewhere. The rest was easy.

I have reached a milestone today: my ten-year association with City-Data. I do not know if it is hard to believe or easy to forget. I do know I have stimulated discussion, contributed information,...
Posted in Uncategorized