Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > keraT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Happy
Old

What I learned from this trip....Part 1

Posted 01-12-2017 at 09:26 AM by keraT
Updated 01-13-2017 at 12:06 PM by keraT

The trip is still in progress. Few more days to go but I learned few key lessons that I hope to carry over in my normal life. Lesson Learned:

1) It is nice & benefitting to turn one long trip into multi-city trip. You get to see more & stop along the way. However, the journey does feel very long toward the end. This trip we went from MI->NY (1.5 hour flight but spent 7 hours layover when we went to visit my SIL) -> then 12 hour flight to Dubai, UAE (spent the night/day...
Posted in Lifestyle, Happy
Old

I need...

Posted 10-25-2016 at 06:35 PM by keraT

I need..
A house while the house price keeps going up
A car while I am too afraid to committee to a car but we need one

I also need to lose 20lb weight

and here I am looking for goal. feeling lost and angry at myself when I have so much to do
Old

The Struggle is Real & I am too lazy for it

Posted 10-24-2016 at 10:39 AM by keraT

I found out I am lazy & that is my problem. I don't like struggle, I am not making progress in life not because I fear the challenge or fear what people will think or fear the uncertainty, actually I thrive in those. I love experimenting but what I don't like to do is STRUGGLE. I don't want to complicate life, I don't want to work hard, I don't want to make it difficult. But as Brendon Burchard said in his YouTube/podcast "The Pains of Progress"
Quote:
  • If everything were easy,
Posted in Lifestyle, Happy, Angry
Old

Rise & Shine: Building habits

Posted 10-21-2016 at 08:57 AM by keraT

We planned a day family trip 4hrs drive away. To save money, I decided to wake up super early in the morning, drive to the airport (45 min away), pick up rental van, come back home, pick up rest of the crew & drive the 4 hours to our destination. To meet our goal, we had to be up/out by 6:30am, which doesn't seem like a big deal to most people but for me this was a HUGE challenge. Normally I wake up at 8:30am and 7:30 is a DRAG. But to my surprise I was up and out exactly as planned. I impressed...
Old

Finance: Monthly Budget

Posted 10-09-2016 at 11:05 PM by keraT

Almost a decade ago, as a new professional, I decided to meet with financial advisor at my bank. The service was free and I love taking advantage of free service that rich people pay for.

The advisor told me about retirement (as 23 year old, I could care less about that) but I was interested in saving money for car & future wedding and etc. Then the advisor asked "how much do you spent on entertainment?" and I had no answer. I don't spend much, I don't go out and...