Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Summering
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Thank You God........

Wow, Summering. I'm so happy that you still have your sister. My brother died at age 45 leaving 5 children. It was a call like you received but, not quite the same. I do miss him. Take care dear.
  2. Old Comment

Up on Mountain, thoughts of Past and Future.

Even if it means some might take it all wrong.
    But..........thats how it is........and I'll be fine with it.

3. Old Comment

WWGD...HOMELESS Man in SC.....The Homeless...

thank you for this prayer. =]
  4. Old Comment

Allergic to the Cold...Did you ever hear of this!!

Well the little guy just gave some blood for testing.....Brave and good he was. Then he will go back for four more viles...
    This is difficult. Its hard for people to understand......It is so rare.
    This cold allergy is as rare as getting rabies or anthrax......an not understood very well.
    If you were a neighbor (with a child) would you visit, just to make some happiness for the child and Mom?.........Its not happening because kids are outside playing,and at 50 or so...this child can't. It makes me sad...
    This child can loose his life over weather.....and forever he should not jump into any lake or swimming area, thats out.
    To much histimine all at once on an entire body, makes shock!
    The swelling he had on his arms and legs from the bike ride might mean angioderma along with the Urticaria. Double trouble.
    This is not an easy road......lets hope this is a short duration as it can last for months, years, or for life. ( common for years)
    Hoping God answers our prayers.........
  5. Old Comment

My heart goes out your grandson.

It's true that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Take care of him and keep us posted.

(hugs) S
  6. Old Comment

I guess I will comment........
    Friday the little guy goes to the allergist. He had a bad reaction just going from the house to the car. Another reaction of welts and swells from recess with the children at school. ( Mom was with him) The epi pen will always be nearby. I'm thinking a parking permit is needed just to get him in and out of places in the winter. She explained what was wrong to him today. He asked......." Mommy what's wrong with me" as he itched his legs that were welting.
    I'm sad that I never heard of this, and when I do it is so personal........so close to my heart.
    So happy that on Friday I will be there to give him a hug.....
  7. Old Comment

CATS~ How did this happen to me?

Mom cat was curled up in the outside chair where Rascal and Buddy use to sleep and peak in the window.
    By her tummy was the two kittens.....( who will be fixed before I leave) Smokey and the Bandit...So the boys named them. I am so seeing the circle of life here. I don't know why I am more aware of this now then ever.
    Maybe because it has been a sincere journey......and I have lost these little four legged friends much to soon.
    The kids having to follow this story....Know the values of life. Perhaps it will help them enjoy each day so much more.........They have seen life end without even a whisper in the wind.
  8. Old Comment

Oh yes......caring for anything gives one a great feeling of inner warmth.
    This was not a wish I asked for, but I have tried to do my part in making life for the sweet little animals more enjoyable.
    I don't even believe in feral cats.......because of my hope that all warm blooded animals have a true home and family.
    But.....living by a farm makes this a common occurrence.
    I'll do my best to give them care. To not do that would be cruel.....
  9. Old Comment

You got that right. And how much more interesting is your life in return?
  10. Old Comment

Scranbarre ~ " Has left the Area"

beautifully put as usual, Summering, thanks for your lovely heart shaped thoughts
  11. Old Comment

Very nice post Summering. You summed it pretty well.
    Posted 05-25-2009 at 08:04 PM by NYRangers 2008 NYRangers 2008 is offline
  12. Old Comment

I'm sure he will.........
    I have to say it seemed so final when he said..." I'm out of here in 20 minutes".........
    I think it is his wonderful knowledge of his hometown area.........and ........him taking the time to share that with us.
    It could be quite exciting to hear the news of the NOVA area.......We should enjoy the new photo shoots, and all the happenings.......New Beginnings are sometimes the best thing..........
  13. Old Comment

Jacuzzi? I'm there! LOL!

Great blog post Summering. We will all miss Paul, but I hope he remains active on these boards. Actually, there are quite a few of us not actually living in NEPA but on the NEPA boards! Now he's one of us!
  14. Old Comment

Did you know he bought a super, new, computer for his new digs?.........
    I'm sure he is setting that up right now.......
    LOL, " He flew the coop"........Funny, JG.....
    YES, lets turn the old room into a jacuzzi and surprise him when he returns home....( to visit).....
    He will, he will love VA........
    I really, really, want to know what he thinks about the "sprawl" and "traffic".......emmmhummm.
  15. Old Comment

Nice entry Summering!

I'm so postive that Paul will connect to the nearest internet machine just to say "I love it here!"
  16. Old Comment

****Sniff****Sniff*****

What a nice blog Mrs. Summering!!

Yep, our kid's flown the coop!! (wanna turn his old room into a jacuzzi spa??)

I'm sure he'll be fine in NOVA!! The 1st week or two, he'll be a bit depressed & lonely after getting acclimated to his new job, but knowing Paul, he'll have new friends in a matter of days & be the "social butterfly" of Va!!!!
  17. Old Comment

From the Ocean to the Poconos

Hi Summering,

I invite you to join us for a Book Signing on May 18th at
    the Bookstore on 556 Main Street. Author, Eleanora Winslow, DEVOURED BY PASSION: Determined to Do My Destiny. Jesus the Christ Christian Bookstore - Corner of 6th and Main Streets - Stroudsburg
    11:00 am - 1:00 pm
    Posted 05-18-2009 at 12:08 AM by steph.ripecrop steph.ripecrop is offline
  18. Old Comment

The Love Of Your Life...Forever Love?

We all recover in order to remain among the living, but those we love are always with us in one way or another.
  19. Old Comment

WWGD...HOMELESS Man in SC.....The Homeless...

When I was a little girl, my Mom used to take me to the deli to buy a meal and a hot coffee for a homeless man that lived behind the shopping center. We'd bring him food like this on my Mom's payday. We didn't have much either, but we did have a place to live and food on the table (so what if it was macaroni and cheese with a can of tuna and a can of peas mixed in?). I learned a lot from that and I know what it is like to be hungry. I won't give them money, but will provide a meal when I can. The homeless in SC probably have it much better than those in the cold northern states.
  20. Old Comment

A City-Data person, and a Non City-Data person-Yikes!

That's too funny! Now I don't feel so bad that I talk about my C-D friends like my b/f and friends have any clue who I'm talking about! In fact, my b/f joined here because he was feeling left out all the time!