U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Acevaz
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Human Trafficking

Human trafficking often reflects the downside of illegal immigration. This form of prostitution is often brutal and women have few options. Those who try to escape are apt to be killed.
  2. Old Comment

Life is good.

Welcome to the blogs!
  3. Old Comment

Lies

My gosh I think tonight might be What the lord sent to help me though and I am no kidding. It seems like every subject tonight I have seen and was privileged to respond to had to deal with something that is happening immediately in my own life. Guess what the lie, your talking about just happened to me tooo. Between me and a family member and she will not admit she lied for nothing . No matter how I plea she simply ignore me. I know exactly the frustration you are feeling.. and you and i shoot have the right feeling are normal and natural response to being so called DONE WRONG I just would try to accept the fact the person does not care enough to listen after repeated request and then eventually we have to accept the things you can not change.. that's actually part of a prayer that is well known to people who feel helpless and I think that's how we feel when people LIE to us right hugs michelle
  4. Old Comment

Headache wth a capital H

Can't worry about failing. So much can be learned from our mistakes.
  5. Old Comment

Concrete Jungle - The Pains of Living in the City

Sounds like the south you are longing for...even in the cities in the south you have some of those things you are looking forward to experiencing. I remember when I first went there for college, how impressed I was at the slower pace, lack of rush hour and occasional scent of flower, etc instead of the what I experienced in Chicago.
  6. Old Comment

Children

I married at 18 and had three children back to back. I was a stay at home Mom until they were all school aged. Today my older kids are all in college and aged 19, 20 and 22 and I have a 6 year old as well. The only thing I may have lacked when my older kids were young was 100% confidence (sometimes), in hoping I was doing what was best, etc. Now I do know that your instincts are what you should listen too most. Long story short... being a mom is real life long love affair.
  7. Old Comment

Lies

the real question is, "how much are you willing to tolerate?" Apparently this person is a bold-faced liar, and you know the phrase, a zebra never changes its stripes. keep it moving and let a clear conscience and whatever you define success as to be your vengence
    Posted 10-03-2008 at 12:29 AM by the intelligent brotha' the intelligent brotha' is offline
  8. Old Comment

My thoughts

I know what you mean. And the house selling thing is such a big decision. But I've found that it all works out in the end. I know that's a cliche, but it really seems to. Good luck on finding the decision that feels best. And I hear ya on the "me" time thing. I have been running around like a crazy woman lately, first time on CD for I'm not sure how many weeks. Take care Acevez...
  9. Old Comment

Lies

IMHO, It is one thing to "let it die"; but that doesn't mean to doubt yourself and to forget all about it...you should trust your instincts and be a little on-guard, don't be vulnerable...you maybe absolutely correct [probably are] and you need to make sure you arent giving the message that you are a patsy . Don't go for revenge, but keep your guard up.
  10. Old Comment

Parents: Love them but...

Oh Acey, that last sentence made me laugh.......
    It is just the way you worded it, oh funny.
    ( I know, I know you were probably very serious here....so my bad!)
    But, ok so you did the trip now..........I bet you loved the beach and that area. Family time can be a good thing.......All of you together enjoying the area.
    Seems like Mom will have to go it alone next time and do her own search. She must of had second thoughts. Moving far away is very, very, hard to do........you really miss the family. As I do when I am three months ( only) in Myrtle beach each year. ( Thank goodness they come to visit)
  11. Old Comment

Headache wth a capital H

Acevaz, I would say "Go with the gut feeling"..It may be your conscious or even something bigger than all of us telling you what is best for you..
  12. Old Comment

oh that is frustrating Acevaz. I hope you can find fun things to do in NC. At least you won't be running around looking at houses.
  13. Old Comment

Lies

there are times i feel the same way .. this guy i liked and thought liked me .lied .. some times people are just so fake but i mean now you know how they really are and see them for what they are worth .. you the better person cause you know the truth ... why step down to their level ... your better then that ...i am sure ... revenge never solves anything ..
  14. Old Comment

Lies

I gotta agree with blue as well. Revenge always has a way of turning around on ya and biting you in the behind. besides, instead of feeling good, it makes you feel bad.
    Posted 08-04-2008 at 09:49 PM by aiangel_writer aiangel_writer is offline
  15. Old Comment

Lies

I always agree with Blue too! Revenge, never a problem solver.
  16. Old Comment

Lies

I always agree with blue...she is wise.
  17. Old Comment

Lies

I agree with Blue..
    Updated 08-04-2008 at 02:15 PM by arguy1973
  18. Old Comment

Lies

Thanks, Blue. I'm thinking of letting it die and see what is the next chapter to the drama.
  19. Old Comment

Lies

Acevaz, you are right about revenge..It sounds loike a problem solver, but most of the time it only adds kindling to the fire and you find yourself on the same level as the provoker..Unless the lie threatens your job or anything else I would let it die out..
  20. Old Comment

Advice over getting upset..well i think you have every right to be upset. I would be. But you can always use it as a learning tool..as I have had to do with my own parents. Next time do what you want and offer all the advise they want..but leave the final decision up to them and let them do the booking (learned the hard way as well-lol)
    Updated 07-31-2008 at 06:13 AM by arguy1973