Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > SunnyKayak
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Rainbow

For the life of me, I never did understand "why" there has to be a law to force one set of people to respect another set of people...

Ignorance knows no bounds, and in most times, its 'home grown'. Prejudices are passed from Parent to Children and as in Child Abuse, and Spousal Abuse and Abuse of any type, we have to have a new mindset for Society.

You cant Legislate STUPID!! (Something I heard from some one much older than I am, and is probably dead from old age by now!).

But, then again, you also cant 'shove it in someone's face', something they are not ready to accept as the norm, right away.

When I see, a Gay Pride Parade in California, and people shouting "We'er Here - We're *****" doesnt bode well with those who dont agree with this lifestyle and further widens the gap between them...

Blending in with Society and making friends is Social Accptance, by making one friend at a time, and keep making fiends, so that you dont have an enemy in sight! Though, I know you cant "make" anyone like you, you still dont have to go out of your way, by trying to make a spectacle of yourself, and alienating yourself fom those who might otherwise just leave you alone, instead of irritating them, and causing friction, so that it becomes an item in the news, when someone goes out of thier way to make someone else's life a living Hell...

I wish you well...

Jesse
    Posted 12-22-2010 at 05:43 AM by woodworkingmenace woodworkingmenace is offline
  2. Old Comment

Queen Feast

Appreciate your sharing, I always enjoy reading quality articles by an author who is obviously knowledgeable on their chosen subject. I’ll be following this thread with great interest. Keep up the good work, till next time great post.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.
    Dating advice for women
  3. Old Comment

Ready? O.K.! Summer Movie Pick

Hi Dearest(hamidel_mehdi@hotmail.co.uk)
    How are you today,I am sorry to worry you with my Proposal for a relationship with you, but I know that you will grant my request in good sense and understanding, My name is Miss Hamidel, i saw your profile today in
    www.city-data.com and became intrested in you,i will also like to know more about you. i'm hoping to hear from you soon so that I can send you more details about my self Including my picture. I believe we can move from here. Bear in mind that Love has no colors barrier,religious,the only important Thing there is love.Yours SincerelyHamidel.(hamidel_mehdi@hotmail.co.uk)
  4. Old Comment

Gay Suicide

OK I need to check comments more often
    Im glad you understand
  5. Old Comment

Gay Suicide

I have too many friends that have shared their stories with me; that have said similar things...the rejection was almost too much to bear. When I found out about that, I was deeply saddened. My overall belief is that people are people. What you do in the privacy of your bedroom is not my business (nor is what I do yours, unless of course, we choose to share!). Friendships are not dependent upon whether or not we are the same (or different, for that matter!), friendships are dependent upon mutual caring and respect for each other. I cannot fathom anything different.

So, yes, Todd, this is one friend that you have that cares for you...just as you are!
  6. Old Comment
  7. Old Comment

Alejandro - Official Music Video - Lady Gaga

have you heard her studio recording for "Full of Love"?
    Posted 05-08-2010 at 03:10 PM by razorbladesmiley razorbladesmiley is offline
  8. Old Comment

Great Information My Memoirs

I never thought about it like that.
    You just completed the name of this blog entry
    Ill rename it

Thanks
    Updated 03-05-2010 at 05:03 AM by SunnyKayak
  9. Old Comment

Thanks for bringing us your "memoirs", SK.

I'll have to take time to check those out.
  10. Old Comment

Southern Charm Is In Her Heart

My mom grew up as an Applachian I guess that why I know where she is coming from
  11. Old Comment

Southerners Are Just Friendly

most are real friendly and will help people in need
  12. Old Comment

On The Road

Im surprise there not a spin off. He was such a great thing to watch Sunday mornings while you had your coffee.
  13. Old Comment

only appalachian understand
  14. Old Comment

Southerners Are Just Friendly

Your right. I find Southerners very friendly.......
    I love the south and its people. Keep waving!
  15. Old Comment

I love Dolly too, Sunny..She is who she is, kind hearted loving and lots of fun..
  16. Old Comment

On The Road

I really enjoyed all of his shows and as an anchorman, and have read some of his books...Truly a BIG man in my book..and he is fondly remembered..