Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > CSD610
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ November 19, 2017 ~~ Technically it is Monday...

Looking for bed partner location USA/Canada sent me your details here(( [url]http://gg.gg/xh87x[/url] ))
  2. Old Comment

Monday ~~ December 18, 2017 ~~ Cookies ~~ The Hot Sign ~~ Christmas Shopping ~~ and....

Looking for bed partner location USA/Canada sent me your details here(( [url]http://gg.gg/xh87x[/url] ))
  3. Old Comment

Two+ hours, Two rooms and three closets done

Looking for bed partner location USA/Canada sent me your

[url] http://gg.gg/xh87x [/url]
  4. Old Comment

Two+ hours, Two rooms and three closets done

5. Old Comment

Monday ~~ December 18, 2017 ~~ Cookies ~~ The Hot Sign ~~ Christmas Shopping ~~ and....

The pronunciation of *Rural*

is regional just like many other words.
  6. Old Comment

I laughed out loud when I read your blog post. I'm well-educated and a self-proclaimed coffee expert. BUT I still say "Expresso" to which my husband sighs. It just feels wrong to say "Espresso" because it sounds like a lisp.

Can you write another blog post on WHY the second "R" is silent in the word RURAL?
  7. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ November 19, 2017 ~~ Technically it is Monday...

Do you have one favorite food that you only eat on Thanksgiving Day? yes, my homemade sage dressing. I look forward to it every year.
    Do you decorate for Christmas? yes, but not like I used to when I had a husband at home to do the outside.
    Do you purchase Christmas Gifts for your pets? No pets for the last 2 years, but no,
    they did get a special treat of the Christmas meal.

Do you have a favorite pair of boots? yes,
    I only have one pair, but I love them.

Do you have items in your home that you really need to donate or get rid of in general? yes, I always have a continuing array of small items to participate in garage sales or flea markets.
    Do you keep a paper check register? yes, the banker in me means I even balance to the penny every month, the "old school" way.
  8. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ October 15, 2017 ~~ I swear I can barely stand this forum at the moment...

Finally, someone actually left you a comment! But.........s/he did not answer your poll questions! I don't get it...SMH

I no longer watch TV because I cannot stand what is going on in the world. I no longer watch my crime shows, either, I have just lost interest in them. Again, what people do to other people.....I cannot speak. I also no longer watch the shows from the past that I once liked, too many memories of days gone by, and the new crap, I mean shows, I have never watched. So, I am on CD in my free time. Even this gets boring, as the topics are all the same, and how many different responses can one get without hearing the same thing? I do enjoy your blogs, and I enjoy answering your poll questions. Have a great week.

Do you keep a flashlight close to you at all times? No, I keep 2 in the house but that's it. I don't carry one on my person or in my car.
    Do you like Werther's hard candies? I don't eat hard candy. I have had them on occasion and they are good.
    What is your favorite toothpaste/gel? Crest, what I grew up on.
    Are all of your electronics from the same company? I only have a laptop and a temporary flip phone. No, 2 different companies.
    Do you use Lysol or Febreeze more often? I am a Lysol girl from 1973 on. Hard to find the original scent, but have found it at Home Depot. Only other scent I use is the Linen for my mattress and bedding.
  9. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ October 15, 2017 ~~ I swear I can barely stand this forum at the moment...

Don't ever give up, CSD, and try not to let the forums get you down. You are very much a big part of these blog pages, and you really bring something to the table right here.

Keep plugging away!
  10. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ October 1, 2017 ~~ It seems that Pep O Mint Lifesavers are...

Does your animal take medication daily? Yes, when he was alive.
    Do you have more than one pair of scissors? Of course, doesn't everyone?
    Do you like to listen to talk radio? Used to until it became the same crap over and over. I listen to one Christian station that provides sermons by different leaders. Dr. Charles Stanley, Rick Warren, Paul Sheppard and Greg Laurie are just a few of my favorites.
    Have you been to a live play this year? No, but am going to one on Nov. 3rd.
    Do you have leopard print house slippers? No. Just a make-up case bought at an estate for a quarter. I like it.
    Do you use toothpaste or toothgel? Paste
  11. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ September 24, 2017 ~~ I am tired of a lot of things today.

You are not alone. My niece in Michigan is getting over being sick, and a friend here in Texas is getting over being sick. Hoping this finds you feeling much better. I am looking forward to your next blog.
  12. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Comment
    My friend, I am so sad to read this latest blog. Who are you referring to? The "masses"? Mr. CSD? A family member? I see, by the time you wrote this, that Sunday had just begun, did it get better as the day went on? My "fill in the blank" word is BS (better known as B u l l S h i t). Who are you feeling it from? Life? Society? I can relate, I have quit watching the TV at all except for Judge Judy, who is my heroine. She says it like it is, and I love it! And yet, so many don't like her because of it. The "masses" get on my last nerve. I don't take idiots lightly. That's why I like you, you don't either! I clicked on to this new blog due to a post you made in the thread with the "enabling" husband who puts up with an "entitled" wife not wanting to work even though they have her student loan debt out the ying-yang.

I also stay home as much as possible, getting out in the world with all the traffic and endless people raises my BP.

I hope you feel better, I really am saddened by your feeling so down. I miss your "ponders"! Let me try.....these are for anyone, not you personally.

Who would you invite to The Price is Right?
    My Mother
    What were you doing on your 13th birthday?
    Nothing special
    Where do you want to spend $100.00?
    Donation
    When do you feel happiest?
    Varied times
    Why do you like to stay at home?
    I strongly dislike most of humanity
    How do you react to an unexpected gift?
    Uncomfortable but gracefully accept
    Have you ever given a Random Act of Kindness?
    Yes
    Have you ever received a Random Act of Kindness?
    Yes
    To answer your question, really nothing specific. I am sick yet again, nothing more.
    Honestly I am not *down* by definition just don't feel good.
    I have not watched television, read the newspaper or watched the news for more than 20 years.
    And my ears hurt....LOL
  13. Old Comment

My friend, I am so sad to read this latest blog. Who are you referring to? The "masses"? Mr. CSD? A family member? I see, by the time you wrote this, that Sunday had just begun, did it get better as the day went on? My "fill in the blank" word is BS (better known as B u l l S h i t). Who are you feeling it from? Life? Society? I can relate, I have quit watching the TV at all except for Judge Judy, who is my heroine. She says it like it is, and I love it! And yet, so many don't like her because of it. The "masses" get on my last nerve. I don't take idiots lightly. That's why I like you, you don't either! I clicked on to this new blog due to a post you made in the thread with the "enabling" husband who puts up with an "entitled" wife not wanting to work even though they have her student loan debt out the ying-yang.

I also stay home as much as possible, getting out in the world with all the traffic and endless people raises my BP.

I hope you feel better, I really am saddened by your feeling so down. I miss your "ponders"! Let me try.....these are for anyone, not you personally.

Who would you invite to The Price is Right?

What were you doing on your 13th birthday?

Where do you want to spend $100.00?

When do you feel happiest?

Why do you like to stay at home?

How do you react to an unexpected gift?

Have you ever given a Random Act of Kindness?

Have you ever received a Random Act of Kindness?
  14. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ September 10, 2017 ~~ The Sequel...

Silly poem, LOL. I noticed that there were 3 views but NO COMMENTS. WTH(eck)? Why do people read blogs but don't comment, especially when they are specifically able to???? I think your blogs are interesting, and I LOVE YOUR PONDERINGS! C'mon peeps, answer the Ponderings........the blogger and I would enjoy reading them.

Do you prefer a christmas red, bright yellow or deep purple shirt for yourself? I don't wear "shirts",
    but I like pull over tops. I would choose deep purple.

Do you wear pull over sweaters or cardigans? Cardigans over my "tops" when I get chilly or cold.
    Do you own and wear cowboy boots? Although I live in Texas, I came from the big city of Detroit, so I am a city girl at heart. So, no.
    Do you have a hamster? I was bitten on my index finger by one as a kid watching our neighbor's hamster, does this count? My mom thought, for some reason, I fell out the window. ?? LOL No ,I do not have a hamster.
    Do you go to professional baseball games? Used to, many years ago, in fact I was a fan club president for Joe Niekro of the Detroit Tigers. Met them all "back in the day".
    Do you prefer Smoked Sausage or Kielbasa? There's a difference? I love them both,
    I think. Especially Detroit's Kawalski brand (again,
    "back in the day".

Do you peel potatoes for mashed potatoes? Not always.
    Do you have a piggy bank? No.
    Do you have anything from your childhood? Besides my memories? Yes I do.
    Did you know your Great Grandparents? I didn't even know my grandparents! Well, one grandpa who passed when I was 5, then a step set for a short time before they passed.
    Do you prefer rechargeable or battery operated? battery operated.
    Do you listen to talk radio? Used to but not any more due to the political climate.
    Do you secretly donate to anything? I donate but since nobody asks I don't tell.
    Is breakfast your favorite meal? No,
    because there basically is no choice. Eggs, pancakes,
    French toast, or Waffles. Bacon or sausage or ham.
    Same ole, same ole.

Do you know all of the phone numbers in your smartphone contacts list? I don't own a smartphone.
    But no, I do not have any phone numbers memorized any more. I have to look them up if they are not programmed in my "dumb phone". LOL

Do you know your license plate by memory? Yes, but only because it is easy.
    Do you use crackers or oatmeal when making meatloaf? neither. I use bread.
    Do you take the stairs up and down when possible? Yes. This and parking out in "BFE" are my only forms of exercise.
    Do you prefer milk or coffee when eating cookies? Neither, I am a hot tea drinker. Coffee on ocassion.

Thanks for the fun Ponder questions, friend. I enjoyed it very much! I look forward to more of your blogs. :-)
  15. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ September 10, 2017 ~~ Bungle In The Jungle....

I knew about your new dog, but did not realize you had a cat. I love both dogs and cats, in fact, I miss having a 4 legged companion. I hope you find the missing "body parts" and that you don't have to do them over. I would love to see the finished product. I hope you post them to your CD album.

I agree with you about driving. As a Christian, this is my most trying time. My BP rises, I get angry and stressed by all the traffic out there. Where did it come from? I know, but still. Back in my day (and yours, but I am a bit older than you) there weren't as many people, or self employed people that had to be on the roads, or repair people, or people without jobs who have nothing better to do than drive around. I have to pray for patience and peace, or ask for forgiveness for getting so darn angry, LOL. I do try to stay in/home as much as I can.

I noticed the time on your posting of this blog. I can be up until 2 at times myself, online on CD. Usually I go to bed between 11-2. I used to watch a few TV programs (news, Jimmy Kimmel, Seinfeld) but due to the political climate now I quit watching anything, even the news. It is rare I turn the TV on now. I have an antenna and don't pay for the junk that is on.

I will now answer your fun "ponderings"....

Do you know how to play marbles by the actual rules? No, and I never did know them.
    Do you like to play Chinese Checkers? Yes,
    but haven't played in many years.

Did you have Jacks and a ball as a child? Yes I did, and enjoyed this game very much.
    Do you own any item of clothing or footwear that is a leopard print design? I picked up a nice size zippered cosmetic case at an estate sale that I really like.
    Other than that, no for Leopard. Now ask me about zebra stripe......

Do you like Tic Tac Mints? I buy only the fruit flavors because my youngest granddaughter likes them and this is a "Mimi" thing. If she remembers me for nothing else, it will be that Mimi always had her fruit flavored Tic Tacs in her purse. LOL.

Lodestar 77 formerly Michigan Transplant
  16. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ July 23, 2017 ~~ Another Sunday another blog, useless words or informative dialogue?

This blog actually came to me after reading one of the threads on this forum. It must have been really interesting at the time but now I don't remember which thread it was...LOL
  17. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ July 23, 2017 ~~ Another Sunday another blog, useless words or informative dialogue?

Wow, with all due respect, friend, this post is too deep for me. At the end of the day I just want to browse on CD and a few other sites I like that are "no brainers."

Do you like original Espresso? No
    Have you ever tasted Turkish made coffee? No
    Marshmallows or not in hot chocolate? Yes
    Do you know what a wonder clip is? No
    Do you own a sewing machine that you use? No
  18. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ July 16, 2017 ~~ The real truth or the truth according to...

Does one even know if they have been put on "ignore?" I have several on ignore, as you do, and don't think they know. If they don't know, they can't care. I am not aware of anyone who may have me on "ignore."

I am watching HSN, which I almost never do, but they are doing "Christmas in July" and I felt the need to "feel" like I do at Christmas. Such a pleasant feeling, even though the memories of those days as a kid and young mother are long gone. Right now they are selling 6 LBS. OF CHOCOLATES! I'm not interested. At my age my "sweet tooth" has pretty much left me. Now all I see is weight gain, diabetes and sugar overload!

If you have a pantry is it neat and organized or just there? Neat and organized.
    Do you use containers to store extra items? No.
    Do you drink unsweetened tea? No, must have sugar (the real stuff, not artificial).
    Do you prefer white bread? Only for PB&J,
    egg salad and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Have you had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the last 30 days? Yes.
  19. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ July 9, 2017 ~~ My nails look terrible...

A wonderful blog post as usual. I so enjoy reading them! You are a blessing to so many, I hope you realize that. Glad you have some in-home help coming on board. Yes, it does make a difference having someone "on location" when performing some tasks, even w/o recovering from a stroke. I have to be very aware when I stand on a ladder or chair to reach a ceiling fixture or something higher up. My daughter lives only 7 miles away but is so busy I could be dead on the floor for days before anyone would know it. Pity the person who finds me, LOL. And I also admire your love for your new dog and the cats you have taken in. You have joined the ranks of "pet parent", as a parent takes care of God's innocent creatures who depend on us to feed, teach, love, bathe, potty train and care for them. :-)

"I will leave you with a few questions to ponder if you choose to ponder them". I love your questionnaires. So I will reply.......

Do you own and wear a sports team baseball cap? No
    Do you have a lap desk that you use in your home? No
    Do you have a kindle, physical books or both? Physical books, no kindle.
    Do you have a favorite nail polish color? No
    Do you have a button collection? No
    Do you prefer plain or peanut M&M's? Plain
  20. Old Comment

Saturday ~~ June 24, 2017 ~~ When did society become....

Bless you for taking in a homeless pet. Especially a dog, cats can pretty much fend for themselves. But all who are loved and cared for give it back ten-fold.

As usual, I relate to you in so many ways. I am a Christian, but I am not a "bleeding heart." Why is this phrase no longr used? I am a realist, and most people act on their emotions rather than common sense. That is why so many suffer hardships, IMO.

Do you prefer buttons or zippers on a coat? doesn't matter
    Do you limit your wardrobe to specific colors? no
    Do you know the actual rules to play marbles? no
    Do you have a change bottle, bowl, or drawer? yes