Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > CSD610
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment
  2. Old Comment

Tuesday~~ July 15, 2014 ~~ I have been forced to start using my new laptop.

I don't adapt well at all to new equipment. But this is of my own doing. Seldom do I read the owner's manual. I just jump in.

Take for instance this laptop. I was in a hurry to fire it up and get online.

Manual? We don need no stinking manual.

It took me months to figure out how I was inadvertently changing the font size with the scroll pad. It was frustrating, but not enough to get me to read up on it.

I've done this with my phone and with my kindle. Owned the kindle for maybe 2 years now and I just recently figured out that I can organize my books into folders. No more scrolling through 17+ pages looking for a thriller. Now I just go to my MST (Mystery Suspense Thriller) folder and voila!

I adapt very well in new situations.

Love both Key Lime Pie and Carbmaster's Key Lime Yogurt.

My favorite color does happen to be purple

Yes to my jammies and no I haven't flossed today. Thanks for reminding me.

Have An Amazing Week!
  3. Old Comment
  4. Old Comment

Thursday ~~ June 19, 2014 ~~ Let's talk about Moderators today...

Many of us who have been using internet forums for years were a moderator of one at some point. It's a thankless (not to mention wage-less) job, and many times limits you from participating in discussions as fully as you may otherwise.
    Big ups to the moderators, especially those who use a lighter touch
  5. Old Comment
    Posted 03-20-2014 at 03:06 AM by relationshippro relationshippro is offline
  6. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ February 16, 2014 ~~ Another week has started...

That's very confusing for people like me, who lived in a country where Monday started the week. The way we write date here in the US, is confusing too. When I see e.g. 6/10/2014 I have to think twice if this is 6th of October or 10th of June
    ~elnina
  7. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ February 16, 2014 ~~ Another week has started...

Have a great Sunday, CSD! Appreciate having you on the blogs.
  8. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ February 2, 2014 ~~ It is Groundhog Day and Super Bowl Day and Kitten Bowl Day and........

Seems like it was Everything Day. Phil sez six more weeks of winter (Yes, he saw it....). After two early springs in a row, I guess we were due for a dose of reality.
  9. Old Comment
  10. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ January 26, 2014 ~~ I'm not sure where to start today....

Yes great reading, made me think about me in a smilar situation. Thank you.
  11. Old Comment

Sunday ~~ January 26, 2014 ~~ I'm not sure where to start today....

I love reading your blog! I don't know why, I guess a different perspective on someone else's life I suppose, or maybe because it is an easy read and you write exceptionally well. I'm not surprised you have something to do radio. I assumed that when I first realized you use the same sign off each time. I think it is fantastic you share your blog with your husband! My ex wife wrote/writes a blog and I enjoyed it when she shared with me, (maybe another reason I enjoy yours), she was also open to feedback, (sometimes HAHA). Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.
  12. Old Comment

Monday ~~ January 13, 2014 I got some new toys for the kitchen and playtime was delicious....

I enjoy your blog! Always informative and enjoy the food for thought you always include
  13. Old Comment
  14. Old Comment

Friday September 6, 2013

Good to read your comments, the first since i have been a member.
  15. Old Comment

A new trend seems to be starting on the forums and I just don't understand it.

Feel free to stalk away I don't mind and I love it when someone reads the words I have written. No I have not tried the refrigerator oatmeal, I've never heard of it, I will have to look it up. I have oatmeal a few times a month for breakfast and more often when it is cold out and sometimes when Sneakers gets home late we will have it for supper.

Cat
  16. Old Comment

A new trend seems to be starting on the forums and I just don't understand it.

I'm not stalking you, really I'm not!

I hope you're feeling better - are you still having trouble with fatigue? I'm thinking that the breakfast you mention may not have enough protein in it. If you have some eggs, or even Egg Beaters, that might help.

Or maybe add some yogurt? Since you like oatmeal, have you tried refrigerator oatmeal? There are a lot of recipes online. You basically mix oatmeal, yogurt and fruit together, and refrigerate it overnight. No cooking required. I don't eat oatmeal very often, so I haven't tried it yet, but I see a lot of people on My Fitness Pal raving about it.
  17. Old Comment

This is my last blog.

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving!

By the way, if you decide to join again, I wouldn't recommend you re-register, as it could get you banned. However, you can send a message to a senior mod (such as Marka) to request a name change.
  18. Old Comment

This is my last blog.

Oh CSD! I am so sorry to read this. Please stay in touch. I've really enjoyed your posts.

LFM
    Posted 09-22-2012 at 06:54 AM by LookinForMayberry LookinForMayberry is offline
  19. Old Comment

This is my last blog.

God Bless You Also!! Have a peaceful weekend.
  20. Old Comment

Friday -- August 31, 2012

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fedup2here View Comment
    Ok, I read all your blogs! I love the way you write. I have notebooks, lots, with my thoughts a lot like yours. It helps me to get things on paper, clears my head some, and I always feel better after I've written. I have maybe 1 or 2 people I can actually express myself to. Sad, coming from a family with 5 brothers and sisters. Debt free? Everytime I get close to that, something comes up! But I survive. I cannot figure out quite who Sneakers is? Your husband? Must be. I hope you don't think I'm presumptious, or some kind of weirdo, I just think you sound like a kindred spirit in some ways. Best of luck to you and God Bless!
    Sneakers is my husband of almost 6 years and thank you so much for writing and reading my blogs. Debt free is wonderful and we followed The Total Money Makeover program by Dave Ramsey. Not strictly or all the time, we are human and fell off the wagon more than once. Actually took a running flying leap off of the wagon a couple times as well. Keep writing and contact me anytime. May God give you many blessing as you journey through the timbers of your life.