Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Happy
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.

12-12-12

Posted 12-11-2012 at 10:11 PM by SunnyKayak

Happy 12/12/12
I did a thread like this when it was 11-11-11 which was Veterans day.

Today we celebrate National Ding-a-Ling Day,

What do you do to celebrate this day?
Be ever vigilant to the ding-a-lings that will come out of the woodwork.
Ding-a-Lings will be everywhere: on the road, on the street, in stores, and even in your house!
I suggest you get into the holiday spirit, and become a ding-a-ling yourself......But,...
Eternal Member
Posted in Entertainment, Happy
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Rescue Poem

Posted 11-10-2012 at 04:12 PM by SocalPitgal

RESCUE POEM
Author:Arlene Pace, September 18, 1998

Once I was a lonely dog,

Just looking for a home.
I had no place to go,
No one to call my own.

I wandered up and down the streets,
in rain in heat and snow.
I ate what ever I could find,
I was always on the go.

My skin would itch, my feet were sore,
My body ached with pain.

And no one stopped to give a pat
Or a gently say my name.
I'm in my right mind
Old

Why God cannot exist!

Posted 11-05-2012 at 03:32 PM by Carneades-SkepticGriggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carneades-SkepticGriggsy View Post
Those prepared apologists would just answer with logical fallacies, making more sophistry, I dare say, as I comprehend their modus operandi.
The fine-tuning argument exhumes that they do misinterpret the evidence. They declaim about the parameters permitting life. Carneades' atelic argument belies that: they beg the question of directed outcomes! As Douglas Adams pictures their argument with his puddle argument, they look silly: a puddle notes that some intent had it come to be, ignoring
Posted in Happy
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

It’s Ok To Be Single – Loving the Single Life

Posted 10-25-2012 at 08:37 AM by catchagoodfish
Updated 10-25-2012 at 06:07 PM by catchagoodfish

Some of us go to great lengths to find a mate in order to avoid being lonely. We don’t like the single life and will do anything to connect with someone. However, sometimes we do all the right things to find someone and yet we find ourselves being lonely. Are you one of those singles meeting several people but aren’t having much dating success? Did you know embracing the single lifestyle just might help you find someone? Here is some information on how enjoying the single life can actually...
Not a member
Posted in Lifestyle, Happy
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

To love at all..

Posted 09-30-2012 at 03:31 AM by SocalPitgal

To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to any animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket of your selfishness.
I'm in my right mind