Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Sunshine Rules
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old

New Construction & HOA Boards -- Who's in Charge?

Posted 07-09-2019 at 03:29 PM by Sunshine Rules

As buyers tour the many new construction communities in our area, most make touring the model homes and community amenities a priority.

Few buyers are thinking about the HOA board and who's in control of it. Generally, the builder retains control of the HOA board until a specific, designated turn over point in time.

This brings up potential issues that I have seen happen in the past with new construction when the HOAs are currently being run by the builder. The property...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

55+ Communities -- Understanding the Age Requirements

Posted 07-09-2019 at 03:12 PM by Sunshine Rules

Since FL is very popular with retirees, questions often come up regarding 55+ communities and just who can reside within them.

To be a 55+ community there are specific federal laws, but the state of FL also has statutes covering these communities.

Typically, the right to restrict occupancy based upon age is based upon precise wording contained within a community’s governing documents. It may have been originally drafted that way or it may have been added by an amendment...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

The ABCs of CDDs

Posted 04-13-2015 at 09:49 PM by Sunshine Rules

The question often comes up, what is a CDD?

CDD is short for Community Development District.

The primary function of a CDD is to construct and maintain infrastructure for a planned community development (PUD). This infrastructure may include roads, sidewalks, street lights, parks, recreational facilities, jogging trails, stormwater management, water mains, sewer lines, roadside landscaping and other similar items.

A little history on the CDD. It was...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Should I or shouldn't I -- have a home inspection?

Posted 04-13-2015 at 09:20 PM by Sunshine Rules

I hear this question a lot. Should I bother with a home inspection? I'm buying a new/almost new home, so isn't a home inspection a waste of money?

Let's start with the definition of a home inspection. A home inspection is an objective inspection of the current condition of the home and it's mechanical systems. A home inspection should cover the structure itself (walls, trusses, foundation, windows, doors, etc), the roof, electrical (panel, outlets, wiring), plumbing, AC/heating,...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle