Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > KatieGal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

A Cause To Depart

Posted 03-13-2013 at 11:06 AM by KatieGal

We are all unique individuals. I credit my uniqueness to being a childhood nerd who grew into an educated woman with an anxiety disorder. I am a strange blend. In this very blog I have written of my love of hiking the desert in utter solitude, of my intimate relationships past and present, and the anguish caused by my mental disorder. I first posted into my blog at the beginning of last year. This entry will make number sixty-eight. I sometimes do more than post entries into this silly blog. At...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Boring Stuff From Pip

Posted 03-07-2013 at 03:32 PM by KatieGal

I’m one Friday, one eight hour day (plus a remaining hour today), away from working my first forty-hour week since my anxiety disorder erupted into a rather severe episode over a month ago. I worked 36 hours last week, so it isn’t like I wasn’t getting close. Still, it’s been a slow thing, this recovery.

In case anyone has ever thought about sliding a foot off of an elliptical pedal while the machine is in full motion, just to see what will happen; I can save you the trouble...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Pain of Klutziness

Posted 02-28-2013 at 04:40 PM by KatieGal

A few minutes after 12 noon I was trekking out my workplace building bound for my car, and then off to The Chile Pepper restaurant for lunch. Because the building’s front entrance doors seem kind of heavy and uncooperative, I always press the handicapped button that opens the door that leads to the parking lot. As the door automatically swung open, I realized that I had promised to call my mother around lunchtime. I quickly dug-out my cellphone. I then began slowly, absent-mindedly, shuffling...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

An Atheist's Pity

Posted 02-23-2013 at 03:07 PM by KatieGal

I’m an atheist. It is one of my “causes”; at least in a way it is a cause. Actually I don’t put much effort into my “causes”. I’ve bought a hybrid car, and I recycle. That covers my green cause. And I occasionally give brief lectures concerning mental disorders such as clinical depression and anxiety. That covers a personal “cause”.

Back to my atheism. A few days ago I read where a Mormon woman longed to buy some clothing but she could not because the particular...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

An Evening By a Campfire With Three Friends

Posted 02-19-2013 at 01:30 PM by KatieGal
Updated 02-19-2013 at 02:26 PM by KatieGal

On Saturday evening I traveled north of our city of Yuma with a girlfriend of mine, Jean. Specifically, we were destined for a small lake called, oddly, the Senator Wash Reservoir. We wanted to get out and enjoy some cool, winter evening air by a campfire. Yes I know; it’s not an everyday activity for most women. Well, it isn’t an everyday activity for us either.

A few times in my life I have tried to make a campfire and each time I have failed. I have always blamed the wood...
Posted in Uncategorized