Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Welcome To Case's Column
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Welcome To Case's Column

Let me say a big welcome to all of you for joining me here. I'm going to call these blog meetings Case's Column. I wanted to use "Corner", but that was already taken. Since 2008, it's been a real privilege to come on here and share some of my life with you, and it's a big world where we live.

In these blogs, I'll just speak whatever is on my mind, but we will be playing within the rules here. I may pick a particular topic, point out an event, or shoot the breeze. I'm a little bit of an essayist at times, so I'll just speak what's on my mind, and I might tell a story or two. Or, I might spew out an opinion or three. There will be some serious moments, some tender, some poignant, but there will also be those moments that you'll just bust out laughing. But, hopefully, everything will be in good fun here. And, of course, there's a place below for your comments and thoughts as we go along here. So feel free to join me for the ride -- I sure as heck hope I'm doing this right and not making any mistakes.

Thanks for taking your time in reading Case's Column. Hopefully, you'll enjoy being entertained by it as much as I've enjoyed putting these writings together. And thanks for the time you spend in City-Data.com, where it's great to be alive!

Regards,

case44

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Leaping, Leaping, Leaping ---- With Leap Day!

Posted 02-29-2024 at 09:30 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

Every four years, I get to do this. I'll have to go back through my Case's Column archives (and, my, are they long! ) to see if I actually have had other posts on February 29.

Nonetheless, I hope everybody got to have a great Leap Day this time around. It was a pretty good day at work. I got to go to the airport afterwards and saw three 747s landing within a one-hour span (amongst many other smaller planes). In addition, I had three McDonald's McDoubles...
Simply Proud To Be Humble
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Austin's New Supertalls Are Getting Higher And Higher

Posted 02-28-2024 at 06:33 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

Seems like just a few days ago when Austin's downtown debuted a then-juggernaut called The Austonian. At the time, it was Texas' tallest condominium tower, at 56 stories and had become the Capital City's tallest structure. For a while, it appeared to stay that way.

Now, just look at Austin.

In recent years, a few more skyscrapers came into view and the city's building craze just got aggressive. Well, don't look now, but things are really starting...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Case's Thought For The Day: Is Ignorance Bliss Or Are We Forgetting?

Posted 02-26-2024 at 07:17 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

Well, gang, it's time for our Thought For The Day here on Case's Column. So, let's have some humor here while you're gathered around our computer campfire.

You know how people love to talk. Sometimes, it's about others, and other times, it's to other folks. There are days when you take praise, and others when you take arrows. It's called life. And then you have gossip, and that sometimes can't be taken in a good way. And, still, another side where...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Early Voting: If You Have It, Then Take Advantage

Posted 02-24-2024 at 10:42 AM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

It all comes down to two things. We will either maintain our status as a constitutional Republic or we will cease to be that. It's really that simple.

We need that to heavily be on our minds during these crucial primaries in your respective states, and also during the all-too-important general elections this fall. Too much is at stake in America. You've got America-loving Patriots, and then you have the Bad Guys. Those are pretty much our options. More on those...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Finding The Right Back Shaver Is Next To Impossible

Posted 02-17-2024 at 09:24 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

What I'm looking for does exist.

It's supposed to be out there, but right now, it's not out there. In the drug stores. In department stores. In beauty stores. Heck, even at my nearby H-E-B grocery store.

There are shavers (usually just for faces and beards and, sometimes, head hair), but where in the hot fudge are the back shavers? A back shaver is supposed to have an extended handle that can swing out from a space behind it. This feature...
Posted in Uncategorized