Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Welcome To Case's Column
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Welcome To Case's Column

Let me say a big welcome to all of you for joining me here. I'm going to call these blog meetings Case's Column. I wanted to use "Corner", but that was already taken. Since 2008, it's been a real privilege to come on here and share some of my life with you, and it's a big world where we live.

In these blogs, I'll just speak whatever is on my mind, but we will be playing within the rules here. I may pick a particular topic, point out an event, or shoot the breeze. I'm a little bit of an essayist at times, so I'll just speak what's on my mind, and I might tell a story or two. Or, I might spew out an opinion or three. There will be some serious moments, some tender, some poignant, but there will also be those moments that you'll just bust out laughing. But, hopefully, everything will be in good fun here. And, of course, there's a place below for your comments and thoughts as we go along here. So feel free to join me for the ride -- I sure as heck hope I'm doing this right and not making any mistakes.

Thanks for taking your time in reading Case's Column. Hopefully, you'll enjoy being entertained by it as much as I've enjoyed putting these writings together. And thanks for the time you spend in City-Data.com, where it's great to be alive!

Regards,

case44

Old

Just "Disching" Things Up In Austin For College Baseball

Posted 03-19-2023 at 08:33 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

It became time to hit the road again, albeit briefly. Your writer had to go scratch a college baseball itch, and so it was time to get back to good ol' Disch-Falk Field.

In fact, no matter how the Texas Longhorns are faring this year (as opposed to the great squad they had last year), it seems like I'm just a good luck charm for UT. To point, I can't remember the last time the Longhorns lost with me in attendance at a game in Austin. As it is, I'm just...
Simply Proud To Be Humble
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

National Potato Chip Day Is At Hand --- With The Last Few Ruffles In The Bag

Posted 03-14-2023 at 05:27 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

For many of you, it'd be a good day to go to your favorite sandwich shop. Seriously.

Today is National Potato Chip Day, and although your writer can't get to a Jersey Mike's or a Jason's Deli for his favorite sandwich, at least I had a few Ruffles left in a bag on top of the fridge. It would have come in handy, but then, it's time to go get some more for whenever I am off this diet. And that will be soon, but that's not important now. The trouble...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Tale Of Two Coaches: They Used To Be The Wave Of The Future

Posted 03-10-2023 at 03:58 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)
Updated 03-11-2023 at 04:37 PM by case44

Wouldn't you just know it?

If you were to ask The Case if Mark Adams and Chris Beard would both be fired from Texas Tech and the University of Texas, respectively, in the same year, I would have asked you, "What weed have you been smoking?" After all, both coaches had been well-respected in the world of college basketball and had some success, and as such, were rewarded with long contracts from their current schools.

And, yet, here...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Music Time: A Soothing Rendition Of Vivaldi

Posted 03-08-2023 at 08:45 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

I'm sure many of you have heard music composed by Antonio Vivaldi. There's a piece penned by him which I've heard for many years, dating all the way to when I was a kid, and it was played on PBS-TV's "Sesame Street".

Yes, that far back.

So, as I've listened to music on YouTube, I often turn back to this classic piece. Emotions are captured, and the effect is powerful. What's also offered here is a form of soothing, of relaxation. ...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

There's A New Twist On Low-Calorie Drinks

Posted 03-03-2023 at 08:40 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

You would never catch me drinking a Diet anything. Diet Coke or Diet Dr Pepper or Diet Pepsi, what have you. I'd rather sip toilet water in Grand Central Station than purchase any diet sodie pop at any store.

But there is something far more revolutionary out there when one doesn't even desire regular soda. I'm cutting back on it, too, but I found a kind of drink that is way better..........and more nutritious. Ol' Case is now a firm believer in Cascade Ice. It's...
Posted in Uncategorized