Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Keeping it Kind
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
hunterseat df: Hunter Seat Equitation is a division that is judged on the ability and the style of the rider. The riders can be judged both over fences and on the flat.

Although true, hunters DO eat, at least the skilled ones do, my name derives from the world of horses.

And because the word hunter is in my name, people automatically think I'm a guy. Not even close.

Whenever I meet someone named Hunter I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying "That's my name, too!"
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Teamwork

Posted 05-06-2021 at 10:55 PM by hunterseat (Keeping it Kind)

I'm really fascinated by muscle memory. Probably because it's served me well and saved my bacon. I can cite riding and skating.

That's not what I wanted to talk about, though.

Teamwork. I noticed it when I was rollerskating.

We skate about 10K every weekend, a group of us. It's fun, it's relaxing and it's about teamwork.

Picture yourself roller skating - YOU'RE GOOD! Now where does teamwork come in? Well, I'll tell you. Your legs. They work...
Life is short so ride your best horse first.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Pretty fired up

Posted 08-24-2018 at 10:38 PM by hunterseat (Keeping it Kind)
Updated 09-05-2018 at 08:38 PM by hunterseat

ETA:this is about how Christians interact with homosexuals. Just FYI
I'm a Bible believer. Not a thumper but I do consider the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God. It helps me live my life in a way that is most fulfilling to me. Like following the roadmap that I was designed to proceed on. (Sorry about that preposition) It makes life choices easy, too.

In His Word, what does Jesus say is the most important commandment? Love God - with all that you are. LOVE HIM. You know...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Book Smart

Posted 07-04-2018 at 06:56 PM by hunterseat (Keeping it Kind)
Updated 07-04-2018 at 07:37 PM by hunterseat

I'm not a book hoarder...anymore. I used to have a ton of books but there was a time when it got overwhelming and I had to let them go.

I began passing along really good books when I found them - after reading them, of course.

If a book just didn't do it for me and I couldn't imagine anyone for whom the book would do it, I'd toss it in the trash. Yes, I truly did.

So now I go to the cheap and free places and peruse, usually grabbing two or...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Say What?

Posted 05-13-2018 at 04:51 PM by hunterseat (Keeping it Kind)

Once or twice a month I travel 3 hours to spend a couple of days volunteering at a horse rescue. The horses there are all former harness racers, many of them having been bought by Amish, used up then tossed into the kill pen.

The kill pen is a whole 'nother story and is the result of the regulated US slaughter houses being shut down. Emotions run high about this topic and that's not my point here. There's an expression, "I before E, Intellect before Emotion" and it's a great...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

What doesn't kill you....

Posted 04-21-2018 at 09:31 PM by hunterseat (Keeping it Kind)

Go ahead. Finish that as you roll your eyes and think how stupid that phrase always seemed. At least in the moment. Like when you complained to your parents about having to do something unfair at one time or another in your life, admit it, you heard "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

AAARRGGHH! Who came up with that little nugget of wisdom?

Like raking leaves. I hate raking leaves. I've spent the past 4 weekends and a fair measure of Tequila...
Posted in Uncategorized