Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > aliasfinn
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

The Adventures of Aliasfinn

Posted 07-14-2022 at 04:51 PM by aliasfinn

THE JUNKYARD

When I turned 16 we had moved once again to a new neighborhood.
I got a job washing dishes and saved my money to buy my first vehicle, a 1965 GMC half-ton long bed pickup truck for $300.
It ran but needed a lot of work, especially body parts.

Every dime I got was put into that old bomb. One of our new friends in that neighborhood told us about a nearby junkyard where a lot of kids would visit late at night to get the parts they needed...
They call me Trinity
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Disappearing Soda Machines

Posted 01-20-2022 at 02:49 PM by aliasfinn

Do you see any where you're at ? None around here.
I did an internet search and found different theories. One was they are trying to get people to kick the habit because of obesity. Another is that machines are germ spreaders with so many people touching them.
It's impossible to find a place where you can buy just one can of soda. Most of the sodas I see in stores around here come in the mini-cans and you have to buy them by the six-pack or case. Each can is over $1.00 apiece. The larger...
They call me Trinity
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Another Night In The Basement

Posted 12-10-2021 at 10:03 PM by aliasfinn

Tornado warnings everywhere. I have a little area down in my basement that I seldom go in.
I have a small 12 inch TV and a battery powered radio down there that I use when the weathermen chase me down there.
I grabbed my smokes and a can of Pringles and sat down there for a couple of hours. I could hear the spiders talking, " What's he doing down here? Must be tornado warnings again."

So far the greatest damage was across the river in Edwardsville where an Amazon...
They call me Trinity
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Preferences

Posted 11-10-2021 at 07:54 PM by aliasfinn

Pie over cake
Football over baseball
Shemp over Curly
Chevy over Ford
The Munsters over the Addams Family
Cherries over strawberries
Trucks over cars
Dr. Pepper over Coke and Pepsi
TV westerns over cop shows
Oranges over apples
Coors over Budweiser
Hamburgers over hotdogs
Chili over spaghetti
I Dream of Jeannie over Bewitched
Rock n Roll over Country
Pancakes over waffles
The 60s and 70s over the 80s...
They call me Trinity
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Thought I'd Give It Another try

Posted 10-19-2021 at 06:58 PM by aliasfinn

Years ago when I was a kid, we were all sitting at the table eating watermelon. I noticed all the watermelon seeds in the ash tray and since I love watermelon I decided to grow my own.
I grabbed a few seeds and planted them in the backyard next to the porch. I watered that area every day and was surprised a few weeks later to actually see a sprout coming up from the dirt.
It got to be about 5 inches tall before a rabbit or some other critter chomped it in half. I quickly lost interest...
They call me Trinity
Posted in Uncategorized