Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Jane917
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Statewide Levy-lid bill passes (look for tax increases)

Posted 04-29-2019 at 01:51 PM by Jane917

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
The state is constrained in its ability to raise revenue in any kind of progressive manner by the constitutional prohibition on an income tax. Without that, there isn't much they can do for education except mess around with business and sales taxes and force some redistribution of property taxes. But those half-measures will only take you so far.

Washington actually has the least progressive tax structure in the entire nation by some measures. You can't solve this problem without
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Vancouver Schools and Teacher Strikes - what gives?

Posted 08-29-2018 at 08:24 PM by Jane917

Quote:
I'm a teacher who moved to Vancouver from TX 2 years ago. I'm currently between schools so not involved in this strike directly. But I can give a direct comparison between the two states and how they pay teachers.

Cost of Living? Vancouver is 30-50% higher depending on the item. Housing is at least 50% higher. Food/Gas and everything else is somewhat higher, maybe 10%.

Teacher salaries? I got a small raise (about $5,000) moving from TX to WA for same position/education/years
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Realtor recommendations for Vancouver/Camas?

Posted 07-29-2015 at 01:33 PM by Jane917

Quote:
If anyone out there has a good recommendation for a realtor in the Vancouver/Camas area feel free to shoot me a private message. My wife and I may be shopping for a new home in the area before too long and it would be nice to find someone competent and knowledgable about the area to work with. Especially someone who is knowledgable about the local schools as we have 3 school age kids.
We recently moved to Ridgefield from Central WA. Our realtor was very helpful finding our home...
Posted in Uncategorized