Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > llrivero
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Entertainment
Old

Princess and the Pea.... I think NOT

Posted 06-25-2018 at 06:00 PM by llrivero

We all know what it is.. some deal with it better than others... some just don't deal with it at all... It is called STRESS.

I can honestly say that I am happier now in my life than I have ever been. I have a wonderful husband, and fabulous career, healthy grandchildren and grown kids that can support themselves! (Parenting Goal 101 Achieved!) But, I can also say that with all of the wonderful things going on there are additional levels of stress that I have determined can be dealt...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stress.jpg (59.9 KB, 5 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old

SWFL-BINGO Hall Central

Posted 06-21-2018 at 04:55 PM by llrivero

One of the many things you will notice when arriving in SWFL, along with the beautiful beaches, the outdoor dining, fishing, dolphin watching, golfing, parasailing, Parrot Head Clubs, and Tiki bars are "The BINGO Halls"!

My father-in-law introduced me to bingo at the Moose Lodge about 7 years ago... it was fun Thursday night entertainment, cheap drinks and winnings to be had. But, one thing always stands out to me... the sea of gray hairs....

Admittedly,...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg party-hard-granny_o_1798307.jpg (261.1 KB, 7 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old

That Woman Named IRMA

Posted 09-18-2017 at 12:07 PM by llrivero

So, I wanted to just share my story as a person who went through their first hurricane as a Florida resident... I have been here through other "threats"... and tend to follow the vibe of my husband, who went through Hurricane Charley, and lived to tell me about it. But this crazy storm of a size that no one had ever seen before, made me nervous. The images that were coming across the TV of the spanking Irma was delivering to the Caribbean were horrifying.

Okay, I was flat...
Real Estate Agent
Old

Where did Port Charlotte and North Port Come From??

Posted 07-16-2017 at 09:31 AM by llrivero

Have you heard people say... "OH THAT IS A GDC Home"... or back when GDC developed.... ??
Well, recently I had the pleasure of meeting the seller of one of the homes a fabulous buyer is purchasing...... and he just celebrated his 90th birthday. He was eager to share his life adventures with us and stories of his home. He told us how he came down from New York because he had heard that land was literally being given away in Florida. He traveled with his wife and they purchased an...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b003.jpg (93.1 KB, 3 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old

Coughing on a Plane..... Walking Dead Fears??????

Posted 05-19-2017 at 08:58 AM by llrivero

Hi All,

I recently flew home from a trip to see my brand new granddaughter, it was awesome to see such a precious baby that looks like my son. Touched my heart.........

Anyway!

I went to the airport early in St. Louis and then had a layover in Charlotte... before catching my flight home to Tampa.

I love people watching at the airport.... there is nothing more entertaining and blog worthy than the people around me.

First...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg walking-dead-on-an-airplane.jpg (216.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg maxresdefault (1).jpg (152.2 KB, 0 views)
Real Estate Agent