Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > censusdata
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Confederate monuments

Posted 05-12-2017 at 07:10 AM by censusdata

Re the controversy over Confederate monuments and holidays...

I don't understand why so many modern Southerners can understand that today's prosperity doesn't happen if the South has won the Civil War. There were terrible decades after the war but in the long view the South won by losing. The Confederate world view was that rural plantations should dominate the economy and power structure and that there was no place for industry, cities, innovation, public education / roads / safety...
I like pistachios
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Alt Left vs Liberal

Posted 11-21-2016 at 07:27 AM by censusdata

A couple years ago I considered myself a Liberal. The rise of the Alt Left pushed me out of the Democrat party.

Alt Left vs Liberal
1. Liberals believe in America's founding values and want to expand liberty to all, such as being for marriage equality. Alt Left thinks being pro gay marriage is not enough, you must also being against traditional marriage and even against traditional gender identity.

2. Liberals want people to look honestly at American...
I like pistachios
Posted in Uncategorized