Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > MarciKS
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Relief is coming they say...

Posted 07-10-2021 at 07:15 AM by MarciKS

They tell us relief for our work shortages is coming. Three or 4 wks out. Then we will go to our perspective corners. I can hardly wait. My co-workers in the kitchen are quite the hateful bunch. I HATE it back there.

I'm thankful I'm employed but I will be so glad when I'm out in the cafeteria full time and I don't have to work with those people every day. And management doesn't understand why they can't keep any of the new help. Duh!

I'm off again tomorrow but only
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Coffee...The only thing that keeps me sane.

Posted 06-28-2021 at 09:15 AM by MarciKS

Coffee is the only routine I have that keeps me sane. Without it I'm pretty grouchy. Since trying to get off soda pop my amount of caffeine has gone down which is making me grouchy. I think I'm gonna hafta start drinking more coffee. I enjoy flavored coffees but this morning I am perking off some dark roast. Espresso blend from Starbucks. I have a bag of that Sumatra I think when this one runs out. I try to make sure I always have coffee in the house.

Finally got a day off and I
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

What a crappy week...

Posted 06-21-2021 at 06:13 PM by MarciKS

First I'm stuck working extra and working shifts I hate because we're almost 20 people short at work. Then the car breaks down and then this evening I find out that the one lady I can't stand has become an admin at the forum I started on in Feb. of 2020. I have no desire to tolerate that bit of nastiness so here I am. Place full of strangers making posts that get overlooked or ignored. Yippee. The only good thing that has happened is I'm getting a raise. I think I need an adult beverage.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

heatwave

Posted 06-18-2021 at 07:54 AM by MarciKS

gonna be a record breaking heat today. lots to do at work and hopefully i can get a hand with it today. i think i'm getting too old to be back in that kitchen. i'm trying to get a spot out in the cafeteria full time. then maybe ride that out till retirement. if i can't get by on my social security i'll have to find some pud job i can do part time if i'm physically able. getting old sucks.

i'm out for the day. [_]D
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Microsoft woes...

Posted 06-14-2021 at 11:29 PM by MarciKS

I can't stand that Microsoft forces it's updates on people. I tried to turn off the auto updater and it bypassed that. It keeps forcing me to load the new Windows and if I do I lose my audio output. Tried all the fixes and nothing.

If they're gonna offer fixes...the stupid things should work.

It's been a long day so i'm out.
Posted in Uncategorized